cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question

Yes Crowd will close and be redirected to Help & Support on the 1st November 2021. Thank you to every member who has made this community such a helpful and supportive place for customers and staff to interact to help serve along with improve our products and services. You will be missed.

maxpowerstars
New Contributor
New Contributor

551 5.7.6 Message rejected as spam (CM).

I can't send any e-mails anymore due to this?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Hollie
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: 551 5.7.6 Message rejected as spam (CM).

Heya maxpowerstars,

Sounds like you've been blocked by our spam filters. If this is still happening it might be worth checking your virus scan is up to date and if you haven't noticed any strange email activity it might be worth chatting with our techs about this on 131344. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
mickifa
New Contributor
New Contributor

I am having the same problem as of yesterday but only when sending emails from Microsoft Outlook. Funny thing is that I am not having any issue when sending through webmail. Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Nghi
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

That's very strange mickifa 😞 Have you spoken with our tech team on 131344 to have this investigated? Are you using our Optus server in the outgoing server settings inside Outlook? You can view the required settings for email here.

0 Kudos
Brian_Patto
New Contributor
New Contributor

I was having this issue as well. When I removed this sentence from my signature I could then send emails again. The sentence was . 'Any unauthorised form of reproduction of this message or any files transmitted with it is strictly prohibited.'

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
thethorpes
New Contributor
New Contributor

Emails I send are rejected as spam on optusnet.com.au

0 Kudos
Steven_YC

Hey @thethorpes - Thanks for letting us know about this.

Did you get a chance to try some of the troubleshooting that the guys have left here some time ago?

If you’re still needing a hand, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus app. Our Messaging team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible. If for some reason you’re unable to use the My Optus app, please send a private message to the official Optus Facebook page or Twitter page for further assistance.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
holdenwin
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi

I am trying to sent a email i get a message 5.7.6 rejected  as spam

thank you

Robert Denne

0 Kudos
Jack_YC

Hi @holdenwin, it's possible our automatic spam filter is picking up some of the content in your email and thinking it's spam. I recommend sending our techs a message via the My Optus App so they can take a closer look into this for you. Jack

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.