Searching...

500GB Mobile Broadband on Huawei B525

Epoche

Typed up a whole paragraph detailing my problems but it got marked as spam Smiley Tongue

Really not helping my day.

Long story short, signed up for the 500GB mobile broadband plan yesterday at Westfield Carousel, got home put in sim card, plugged in modem and the network status indicator light came up red.

Did online troubleshooting with Optus persons to no avail, was told to bring it in to store today. Did basically the same troubleshooting with the additional step of sim and then device replacement. Same result, network status indicator remains red on the modem.

Told to bring modem home and leave it plugged in while they work on the backend - whatever that means. In the meantime, I am getting no service for a product I signed up for yesterday.

Am hoping someone else has had a similar experience and able to advise.

Re: 500GB Mobile Broadband on Huawei B525

Dan_C

G'day @Epoche, not sure why the filter has picked up your initial post as spam. 

I definitely haven't gone in and flagged that one.

In response to your enquiry, these are brand-new offers, I haven't seen this come up before. I'm happy to go in and see if there's any hold ups on the back-end.

Potentially, it could be a stuck SIM activation. Hopefully, I can give you a bit of peace of mind.

Send us a private message. I need your full name, DOB and order/service number.

Head to my profile → Click message. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
Paddylee
Do you get Optus 4g reception where you place the router? E.g an Optus mobile? You have already done Sim & Device swap, leaving it to either be signal or Account I checked for outages for Cannington at - https://www.optus.com.au/shop/mobile/network/coverage None listed (unless you live far away from the suburb the Westfield is located at) As that came up clear its most likely an account issue and would need to be investigated by the Optus Team who do that sort of thing. Do you have any reference numbers for the replacement perhaps? I would suggest that once its up and running contact webchat and request a credit for the days it was not able to work ~$2.86 a day it works out to be. @Dan_C got there before me (and my post lost all formatting and could not @ tag people correctly)
Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!

Epoche

Would greatly welcome any help Dan. Gonna PM you.

Epoche

Thanks for the suggestions @Paddylee. I'm on Optus for my mobile and getting great reception on it in Riverton (I did check, there were no outages)

Great idea on the credit though right now I'd settle for getting it to just work.

Here's hoping @Dan_C is able to sort it out Smiley Happy

Epoche

Problem solved. Connection has been up for the past 2 hours.

Gave Live Chat another go and managed to speak to someone who knew what he was doing (Sethy)

Literally the first option that he tried and the network status indicator went from red to blue.

He basically "enabled the Data APN to the wireless service" - so if anyone else suffers from the same problem, try suggesting that tech support try that too.

(Can someone mark this as solved?)

Cheers!

DanFish

Had the same issue, thanks for your post!! APN issues were all fixed by Optus Wireless Support team on their end.

Epoche

Damn glad it helped someone else out 👍

davidffisher1

Hi new here, purchased B525 Huawei Modem on $60 plan, had red light spoke to tech people, they sorted that out with a new prophile, but cant access the wifi, lights on, got internet, good signal, devices are picking that the wifi is there, but cant connect, yes wifi is enabled, and password check and rechecked, but no device can connect. Is there something I am missing?

Highlighted

Paddylee

Only thing I can suggest is removing the saved wifi details from your device and adding them in again.

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
75 Kudos
75 Kudos
52 Kudos
39 Kudos
25 Kudos