Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Sandypop
New Contributor

5.7.6 Message rejected as spam (CM). all outgoing emails wont send

Hello Community,

I'm unable to send emails to anyone, nor reply to emails. They all bounce with the error message:

• 5.7.6 Message rejected as spam (CM). Error: -17099
  • I'm using Entourage for Mac 2008 v 12.3.6

I'm not technically minded, at all. I've shut down the program and the computer with no success with the emails.

I'd be very grateful for some help.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
RetiredModerator Dan_DS
RetiredModerator

Re: 5.7.6 Message rejected as spam (CM). all outgoing emails wont send

Hi Sandypop, I'm sending you a private message with some options for assistance now 🙂

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
New Contributor dbernard
New Contributor

Also have same problem - please advise.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Nghi
RetiredModerator

Hey dbernard, are you sending email using an email client/program? Any links or multiple recipients in these emails? Have you tried sending through webmail.optusnet.com.au ?

0 Kudos
New Contributor gillacl
New Contributor

I am having this same issue. I am using Thunderbird and really need some help. Thanks

0 Kudos
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@gillacl, can you please confirm if there's a web url in your email signature? If so, this could potentially be the cause. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
New Contributor gillacl
New Contributor

No, I don't use signatures at all.

0 Kudos
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@gillacl, are you sending large attachments or emails with multiple recipients copied in? Can you please send through a PM with your full name, account info and date of birth so we can take a look?

0 Kudos
New Contributor Gazza18
New Contributor

I am using Entourage 2008 Version 12.3.2

Cannot forward emails (with attachment) to two or more work colleagues from my Optus account.

I have tried removing any URLs from the email signature and forwarding to just one recipient - still unable to forward messages.

Error comes up as

5.7.6 Message rejected as spam (CM)

Mail could not be sent

Error:  17099

Please confirm what I need to do so I can forward emails with attachements through my Optus account.

Thanks

0 Kudos