cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
ron230
New Contributor
New Contributor

4th day now without a phone or internet: Optus can't even work it's own customer information service

So it's now the 4th day without a telephone or internet.

Mind you, I'm not somewhere remote but in the middle of Sydney.

it's goes off Thursday night. Nothing Friday, ok  I understand there might be a problem so am patient.  Saturday nothing so call the Optus number and have to deal with the multiple recorded messages sending me down some path.  Really? You can't answer, hear I got no phone and just send me to right person?  I get to someone who runs a check. Yes it's all not working. We will look into it.

Nothing happens.  

Sunday, try again. Oh, that's right. Optus doesn't staff customer service on Sunday. They must have figured out if you don't need to staff a service if your customer's phones don't work because they can't call you. but like everyone who has dealth with them you just find a way: call the Sales (they are always staffed!) and get them to connect you to someone to report your phone still isn't working.

Explain it all the customer service again.  Did I know this was reported already? Yes, I do, I reported it. Well, it was a case but was closed. That's good, why do you close cases when the problem is not fixed. Of course the poor customer service doesn't know but they try to find out.  Oh!  There is a problem with the NBN, it's not Optus' fault. Ok, but you have closed the case and I still have no phone or internet.

We'll make a new case. So they do. And connect me to a faults service person who promises he will fix it and call me back when it is done. Did I know I can follow the progress of it all using the Optus app? Ok, I will do that.

But of course it doesn't get fixed nor do I get contacted. Let's check the Optus app to find out what is going on.  Hmm, two closed cases. The one I just reported is now closed and no explanation.

The previous one is not current but set at 'investigating' and a blank page also. 

So I ring again,  the sales dept that is and tell them to connect me to customer service, who though not advertised as working on Sunday by Optus are indeed there. 

Hey, I have no phone, but using the app like I was told, I see there is no current cases about me having no phone. The one I just reported is closed and the previous one, well this is the third day and it's not 'current' but 'investigating' with no information.  Of course the poor customer service operator has to figure out what is going on so they try and contact others to work it out.

This goes on a few more times: check the cases you'll be informed what is happening. Mulitple explanations that these say nothing and I still have no phone.

Finally and it goes like this: I get put through to a senior technician. Who tells me it's an NBN problem, the whole area is out. They can do nothing. Nor do they know if and when it's going to get fixed. 

Really? I begin to unload on the poor guy.  I have had to make multiple calls, or text conversations with customer service who can't figure out what is going on and who refer me for answers to your own 'case' system that no one bothers to put any answers in and now you tell me OPTUS CANT FIX THIS AND YOU DON'T KNOW WHEN IT WILL BE?

So if perhaps some customer enhancement/satisfaction manager could answer: why you don't provide answers in your own customer case areas but leave everyone, including your own staff what the hell is happening and if I am likely to have my phone connected someone in the future rather just just palming the customer's problem off to the NBN OR I should find a new service provider?

1 Reply
Jono_YC

Re: 4th day now without a phone or internet: Optus can't even work it's own customer information ser

Hi @ron230 it's not great to hear that you're experiencing issues with your Optus services.

If you’re still needing a hand, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. Our team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.

We're also available to assist via Social Media. Please send us a private message to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details for further assistance.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

Top Contributors