cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

4g mobile broadband

Just a warning to anyone who signs up to the 4g mobile broadband 200gb plan. 

I've had 4 months now on this Optus plan and happy with speeds and connectivity  

But I've noticed the Optus Yes App showing my usage is incorrect and actually doubles the amount of actual data I've used  

Optus are saying on one particular day I down loaded 94gb. I mean get real Optus  No way did this happen  

So guys be ware of this data recording by Optus which I believe is being used to SUCK more Bucks outa your walket .

I've complained to Optus about the issue with no answers from them. 

So I've taken the step of putting a comlaint to the TIO and hopefully the Ombudsman will hit Optus with  huge fine for dodgy business dealings 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: 4g mobile broadband

For starters, the TIO aren't a "punitive service". They are a customer advocacy service designed to help customers with genuine complaints that they have actually attempted to resolve with their service providers via the complaints handling process (That you seemingly have skipped over?). So no, your TIO complaint will not result in a fine for "dodgy service" as you claim.

94GB in a day is actually entirely possible, you need to remember that game updates, streaming, backing up cloud services (Google Drive, One Drive, Samsung Backup, Apple iOS Backup). So you've jumped straight to the TIO instead of even considering logging a complaint properly with Optus?

if you aren't incurring additional charges, could you explain to me how "they are sucking money out of your wallet"?

Bare in mind, the TIO can and HAVE rejected complaints that are invalid, frivolous and have not given the respective provider an opportunity to respond. You saying "But I couldn't have possibly used this data", is not considered in my opinion giving them a chance to respond. As you've taken to the TIO, I'm not sure what you were hoping out of this thread beyond accusing them of being dodgy and stealing, which couldn't be further from the truth.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Well Jeneral. Pain. 

Your nievity is overwhelming. Do you really think I'd post on here or complain  to TIO without going through Optus complaints  

You need a life  

This is my last resort to let Optus know they fail miserably in customer relations and its only when mentioning TIO that I get instant attention. 

So Jeneral take a hike with your useless reply  

Optus are ripping off customers with dodgy practices   As stated my Modem shows data throughput  Optus data is doubled by their faulty software  Which may not be faulty but works to their advantage 

So Jeneral 'm not a layman in IT terms and do know exactly what I've downloaded and this is why I posted to warn others of Optus Dodgy dealings that they refuse to acknowledge even when proof is available 

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Just considering signing up for a 4G mobile BB, and finding it hard to speak to someone who uses it.  Have you been able to watch TV via on-demand streaming sich as  Apple's iTV?  Just wondering what download speed you get since you seem happy with that at least.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I agree it is entirely possible however i have abit more knowledge then old mate and have made complaints and followed the rules and you want too know what ....Optus is ripping people off left right and centre i hope you enjoy being their little puppet 

0 Kudos