cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question

Yes Crowd will close and be redirected to Help & Support on the 1st November 2021. Thank you to every member who has made this community such a helpful and supportive place for customers and staff to interact to help serve along with improve our products and services. You will be missed.

zzyss
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

4G broadband speeds drop every night

I'm on the 4G Home Wireless Broadband product with a Huawei B818 modem. I've noticed recently that sometime overnight every night my speeds plummet from the usual 100Mbps+ down to about 2-3Mbps in the morning.

All that's required is a restart of the modem and then everything is back to normal again, but it's annoying that I have to do this almost every day now. Is there something I can do to make it auto reboot, or better still, configure it somehow so that this doesn't happen at all in the first place?

#B818 #4GHWBB

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Tina_YC

Re: 4G broadband speeds drop every night

Hey @zzyss, thanks for getting in touch with us. Oh, that's odd! How long has this been going on for?We recommend keeping across our Network Status page here → https://www.optus.com.au/about/network/service-status, which provides up-to-date faults and works that may be impacting your service. You can also register for updates by clicking on 'Report an issue'.

A 'Sim Replacement' might help as well. Please head to your local Optus store to get a sim replacement as this may help with greater coverage and network for your Home wireless broadband. Tina.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

zzyss
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I've started noticed it happening in the last week or so. I've checked network coverage status and there hasn't been any issues reported in my area recently (postcode 2117).
0 Kudos
George_YC

It may be possible you have a faulty modem @zzyss. You can take your modem into a local Optus store and they can send it away as long as it's still under warranty. If deemed fault, we'll issue you with a replacement device. You could even try getting a replacement SIM from an Optus store to see if that improves your network connection at all.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.