Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Sammy36
New Contributor
New Contributor

4G Wireless Modem Slow

I have just purchased a Huawei E5577 50G and the download speeds are incredibly slow (.29mbps). I have full 4G coverage on the modem display. Have I missed something, is there an activation or setting that I am missing? I live in Ocean Grove, Vic - less than 2km from the Optus Tower. 

I have changed the "Network Searching" setting to 4g Only as per other posts. Are there any other suggestions?

Thanks, 

Sam.  

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
z_hook

Re: 4G Wireless Modem Slow

Hi @Sammy36,

Sorry to hear you're facing some troubles with your new Mobile Broadband service.

Have you been able to check on our Network Status page for any reported faults or planned works that may be impacting your service?

If you can't see anything, our Tech Support team either via the My Optus App or by calling 13 13 44 (8am-8pm AEST) will be able take a closer look into it for you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
binary
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: 4G Wireless Modem Slow

Unfortunately, it seems that Optus 4G is massively oversubscribed in Ocean Grove and as such even though you have strong signal, the data throughout is very low because there are too many people using the tower(s) for the amount of bandwidth available. This is especially bad during holiday periods.
0 Kudos