Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

4G Wireless Broadband HUAWEI-B818 - Bridge Modem

Hi All,

After much pain dealing with FTTC and being at the end of a long long piece of copper wire, I have decided to bite the bullet and move to 4G Wireless. I have a Ubiquity Security Gateway (Router) , which I intend to use to manage my home network, and to use the USG's more granular firewall (Also the USG will will handle DHCP). Also I have a game server that I make available to friends and would like ensure that this is visble outwards.

Can anyone advise if the provided modem (Huawei-B818) can be put in Bridge Mode? I don't need it to do much more than recieve the 4G signal, as my USG will do the rest.

Any information would be apreicated, or if you have got the USG working successfuly with a USG it would be good if you share your setup.

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: 4G Wireless Broadband HUAWEI-B818 - Bridge Modem

@Sporaxis   Screengrab from B818 interface. Log into the B818, select Advanced and Router.  
I am not a gamer but from what I have read 4G is not the best choice for gaming. Maybe ask on Whirlpool before you dive in. 

Bridge Mode.jpg

I am not an Optus employee. If a reply helps please give a Kudos and when an issue is solved please mark as solved.
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: 4G Wireless Broadband HUAWEI-B818 - Bridge Modem

@Sporaxis  I was editing the post while were you marking it as a solution.  Just in case you missed it re 4G and gaming.

I am not an Optus employee. If a reply helps please give a Kudos and when an issue is solved please mark as solved.