Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
stejoh
New Contributor
New Contributor

4G Home internet data usage

My Optus cable internet will be disconnected and I am considering Optus 4G Home Internet (as an alternative to NBN). Does my data usage with cable give a reasonable indication of what my data usage would be on 4G. Or might it be different.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Serena_YC

Re: 4G Home internet data usage

Hi @stejoh

Thanks for reaching out to us here. 

If you are looking to move from a cable service to the 4G Home Internet service for your home, then yes, the data usage with cable would provide a reasonable indication of your monthly data usage. As an example, if you are using around around 150GB of data on your cable service, then the 4G Internet Lite plan which includes 200GB of data would be suitable for you. 

You can find more information on the available plans we offer for 4G Home Internet here

If you did have any further questions or if you require assistance with signing up, I would recommend messaging our Sales teams via the My Optus app.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

AndS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: 4G Home internet data usage

@stejohBefore paying for a modem and plan I would check out where the nearest Optus tower with 4G is by using one of the following methods to see if they are close to you or not as this is one factor that will affect the speed you can get.

1) On your mobile download an app called "AUS Phone Towers" and see where the towers are near you.

2). You can check the towers near you to see what they currently have installed from the following page:

https://www.rfnsa.com.au/?first=1

If on your phone you have Optus and you have issues with the service in the house/flat then expect the modem may also have issues. If your phone is okay then the modem may still have issues.

If you know someone with an Optus modem I would ask if they can come over and see if the modem works okay. if it does then the B818 will/should not be worse.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors