cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

4G Home broadband Router

My friend is interested to get the 4G Home broadband. But she prefers the original Netgear LB2120 which is really portable. Will that still be available? The current Huawei B818 is not very appealing.  We have the Netgear, and we liked it. Still working good as of now, except the battery is starting to swell or bulge.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: 4G Home broadband Router

Hi @john_katuyo, the 4G home wireless broadband service runs on our 4G mobile network which means it has a sim card in it. As such any other modem will not work.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: 4G Home broadband Router

@john_katuyoStraight up Optus will not be able to sell you a LB120 as it's not listed on their web site anymore.

Second get a new battery before it leaks or blows up or ditch the device. It will cause you issues.

Third:

a)  the modem is not on their list of supported devices for the 500GB 4G service, so they cannot help you.

b) If you have a problem see item a)

c) If you have a problem optus support are not technical enough to help out if there is a technical problem that requires you to do more than power the device off and on etc. For example see the response you got and relate it back to the question you asked.

d) Google to see if anyone has gotten the LB120 to work with the optus 4G data SIMS. Just because it's not on the list does not mean it will not work as some devices are not on the list work, but most do not work.

e) Have a look at the AC800S as it does work, but see c) for any problems that occur.

Good luck.

0 Kudos