cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question

Yes Crowd will close and be redirected to Help & Support on the 1st November 2021. Thank you to every member who has made this community such a helpful and supportive place for customers and staff to interact to help serve along with improve our products and services. You will be missed.

Tigers1719
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

4G Broadband

I have read some threads where people are looking at getting a second plan to get more data.

I was wondering if anyone knows if Optus locks the sim to the device it was purchased with or could I just insert the sim sold with the second device into the original modem please and the performance etc not be affected.

The scenario is based on the same model modem.

I am an Optus user.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: 4G Broadband

I've had many data sims with Optus and I have always been able to use them in any device. My current data sim works in all the devices in the picture below and some.

4g-wifi.jpg

Tigers1719
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

@Yeldarb 

Thank you I was curious as I changed things a couple of times,  a plan change when I had the B525 and then upgrade to the B818 each time I was a new sim. 

I am an Optus user.
0 Kudos
Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Keep in mind I am referring to portable wireless 4G modems, tablets and phones. Some of those home wireless devices are different and may not work the same.