Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Highlighted
New Contributor ballfu
New Contributor

4G Broadband without ineternet

Hi There,

Got my 4G broadband router (AC800S) and SIM card delivered days ago but I still could not get it to work. Any help will be appreciated 🙂

My AC800S seems to have optus network but when I connect WiFi to the device I cannot get any internet.

Initially I thought the SIM was not activated and message a technical support, he told me to await for 24 hours for a SIM to be activated. 

After 24 hours still the same, tried to add new APN on the device but still no luck 😞

Any suggestion? 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: 4G Broadband without ineternet

Hi there ballfu,

Are you still having trouble? Hopefully everything is all good now?

If not, getting confirmation from Optus that the SIM is now activated would be the best first step.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor ballfu
New Contributor

At the end, its not my sim has not benn activated. All the chats / helps told me they have submitted a request and asked me to wait. Finally i managed to talk to a person an he checked my accounts Internet setting was not enabled. He changed my settings and i can get online straight away.
I cannot believe it would take so long to get it the help that i needed and the fact that a 4G broadband account without internet setting is a surprise to me too.
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

That does sound strange and I don't think it's common however pleased to hear you were able to sort it out, thanks for returning to Yes Crowd to let us know. 🙂 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos