cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Eterra
New Contributor

3 days without reliable cable service

For the past month we have had continual cable outages, however over the last 3 days we have had either no service or very slow speeds i.e. in the order of 1 to 10 mbs despite paying for 100mbs. Have tried to report the issue by calling tech support, online chat and fianlly having a tech come out to-day to tell me there is an issue with Optus equipment as he has been to 5 other houses in the street with similar problems. Thus far I have spent over 2 hours online being passed around from person to person who I have great difficulty in understanding, 90 mins on the phone with similar results but also being placed on hold as Optus systems are running slow and 3 hours waiting for a tech to arrive.....!

Optus, perphaps you should be in some other line of business here because there is total disconnect (no pun intended) from your customers in terms of being able to provide a reliable service and being able to resolve anything in a timely manner. So come on how about getting back to basics and focus on keeping your customers happy! Oh and please fix my cable service and have some one call me to disucss compensation....

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: 3 days without reliable cable service

Hi there eterra,

That does sound like a pretty frustrating experience.

What area are you in? 5 houses in the same street.... do you have a fault ticket number?

Please be aware that we don't have visibility of customer accounts here on Yes Crowd.

If you have a social media account, I would suggest to please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Eterra
New Contributor

The fault ticket number was 21583484 I also attach this transcript excerpt. "Visitor (08:33:37 AEST) : If it's not fixed by tomorrow we will also seek financial compensation.
Augustine (08:34:04 AEST) : Please allow me a chance once so that back end team work on the issue and get it fixed soon and also get the back to you soon on call.
Augustine (08:34:50 AEST) : I will also add notes on your account to provide the credit so that will be reflecting on the next bills.

Augustine (08:43:38 AEST) : I have spoke with the team now and made the issue as high priority to get the issue fixed soon.
Augustine (08:43:59 AEST) : I am also adding the notes to get the maximum  credit on the bill.
Visitor (08:45:47 AEST) : I'm back thanks for helping we all look forward to getting this fixed ASAP"

Despite being assured that I will receive a credit, I have just been issued a bill for the full amount?

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

According to the fault ticket it was resolved on Monday, is that correct?

Generally they hold off on applying a credit until it is confirmed the issue is resolved. Does the billing period for the bill you just received exceed the 9th of September? If so I would guess that it will appear on the next bill.

You can always Chat with us to confirm or check out your balance on the My Optus app before the bill is due for payment to see if it has been applied.  

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos