Searching...

Re: $20 bundle discount

PhilC

Hi @Peter1959 sorry to hear you've been having trouble with your billing. We'd be happy to take a closer look into the account for you if you could please send through the full name, number and date of birth attached to the services here →http://yesopt.us/pmphil

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Karley1992

I have had the same trouble, cancelled my existing plan to get $40sim only plan and NBN, after speaking with live chats they assured me I would get the $20 discount, a week later I call as I hadn't heard anything about NBN only for them to tell my they couldn't find my order, then to be told if I re order I wouldn't receive the discount, as apparently it never existed, wasn't happy with this so after many live chats and over 9 hours total on the phone they have now referred it to a case manager.. So glad I took screen shots !!

Gen_R

Morning Karley1992 - feel free to shoot me a PM here if you're needing a hand at all with this billing of your account. Will just need your full name, DOB and the account and mobile numbers in question. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Peter1959

Screenshots area good idea but you should get a reference number and the operators name everytime you deal with Optus - just ask at the end of the session.

sleeve

I also have a mobile account and was told if I sign up to the broadband plan I would receive a $20 bundled discount. So I signed up and then I was told this was the incorrect information and it wouldn't be applied. I even have screen shots. After hours on the phone I was told to go into an optus store and show them. When I did they told me to call back! haha.

To make matters worse I then dcided to upgrade my plan to the $80 one to get the fetch mighty box. I was told I would be able to use multi room with the fetch mini box that I am paying $5 for, which is linked to my mobile, as they are on the same account. Once I received the box and mult room didnt work, I was told they both need to be linked to the broadband account, but this will now cost me $10 a month. 

Both occasions supplied the wrong information to get me to sign up and they won't do anything about it. Been waiting for a call back from a supervisor for the last day....

andrewbat

My advice...

If you are not getting the correct answers ...go to the TIO.

Karley1992

You will be lucky to get a call back from them. Call telecommunications ombudsman they followed up for me and was finally able to get somewhere. I also got modem free and extra credit added to my account. It's worth following up on. Goodluck with it Smiley Happy 

PhilC

Hi @sleeve certainly not something we like to hear Smiley Sad we'd be happy to take a closer look into your account if you could please send through the full name, number and date of birth attached to the account here →http://yesopt.us/pmphil. Alternatively you can speak with our live service team here → http://yesopt.us/chat2us.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Kokanee

HOWEVER almost 3 months later and I see no $20 discount on my latest bill.  Promises promises.

Highlighted

viet

haha currently on 2 x $40 SIM plans with Optus, and was thinking of porting from TPG to Optus NBN for a "discount bundle" when it becomes available in our home by end of year.

But seems

1) it's not advertised clearly anywhere (sounds like a great offer and many would love it, but obviously it is not good for their profits)

and 2) looks like people may have to try many different online support staff until they are lucky to get one who gives the discount. Then it's a game of chasing it up and proving you were offered it.

Not sure if I want to go this route or just go another ISP...

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
68 Kudos
48 Kudos
37 Kudos
31 Kudos
16 Kudos