cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Andy-G
New Contributor

2 different ISP connections to same house?

Hi,

i want to know whether i can buy another internet line while still having an existing one. I'm done with Optus, i've had 3Mbps download everynight for 4 consecutive months now and im over it. however, i still live with my Parents and my dad who works from home doesn't want to change. Will it be possible for me to buy my own internet bundle with another provider because Optus are dead to me. i can only get Cable with Optus but ADSL2+ is avaliable with iiNet.

im a Uni student and Assistant Editor who relies on my connection at night and i cannot finish any work. whenever Adobe gets updates it takes the entire night to download, THEN i have to get my cloud files for editing. Seriously, IM OVER IT. i try playing overwatch with the bois on Syndey servers but i get 400 Ping at 10.30 every single night. i call up every night pissed off about it and get non-answered responses.

I CANT EVEN LOAD EMAILSSmartSelectImage_2018-02-19-22-39-03.png

0/10

Legit the worst ISP in Australia.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: 2 different ISP connections to same house?

Yes adsl is independent of the cable service so that shouldn't be a problem.

0 Kudos
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: 2 different ISP connections to same house?

Just noticing you're running all tests over WiFi, you've tested on a wired connection as well right? 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos
Top Contributors