Searching...
Accepted Solution

2 NBN Connection at one property

tmacg65

HI,

We  have 2 connections at our address, an ADSL and a CABLE connection and yes two completely separate accounts.

We got notice that NBN will be available in our area shortly and wonder if we will still be able to have 2 separate connections at our address (althought, we will be holding out on joining the NBN until the very last minute).

Re: 2 NBN Connection at one property

10000000000GB

NBN should work on the same line as ADSL, but not sure of cable will be one that's not thrown out. You may be able to get both.

Toomey

I'm afraid not, once NBN rolls out, it will replace all other fixed line networks and be your only option. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

tmacg65

Hi Toomey,

Thanks for your response about the ADSL line but more importantly will we still be able to have 2 separate connections/accounts at the one address?

10000000000GB

You have to find out whether the cable will be junked, kept or replaced. The telephone line is a sure thing for running VDSL instead of ADSL

tmacg65

Thank you, do I check that at installation or after and who would I check that with.

Solution

10000000000GB

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/NBN/HFC-to-NBN-switchover/td-p/213788

Actually, I'm thinking that they will decide on a particular type of NBN for your street and install that type. They might not even use the cable network in your area, because now in light of the failing Optus infrastructure, they have come up with FTTC, which means delivering through short telephone lines.

https://www.whistleout.com.au/Broadband/Guides/nbn-hfc-everything-you-need-to-know

tmacg65

Wow, that answers more questions than it creates thankfully.

Thanks everyone for your help.

petergdownload

Hi,

Not sure on the above answers. Have you used the NBN site to find out the technology that will be installed?

If its is FTTP (lucky you) then you can have multiple services to the same address (different ISPs for each).

However the question is why you want multiple connections. This might have been critical in the past but may now be obsolete.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

tmacg65

Hi Peter,

One address, 2 households - my sister and her family have the front 3 bedroom house and I have the back part of the house.

I just checked the NBN site.  Rollout at our address is delayed and yes, they plan for FTTC - Brilliant!

No need to live without Syfy channel.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
90 Kudos
78 Kudos
45 Kudos
37 Kudos
31 Kudos