cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor ZiggyW
Occasional Contributor

Re: 100 Mbps Broadband spped is a joke only getting 13Mbps

Considering this post is about the 100Mpbs cable, it can safely be inferred that's what it is.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator AlexRH
RetiredModerator

Hey @ZiggyW, I've replied to your previous post. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor MJH2
Occasional Contributor

Hi. I am on the 100mbps plan (NBN). I am lucky to get 200kbps, even late at night. Wait time on the phone for assistance is 30mins plus. Can someone from optus help please? Thanks

0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

@MJH2

Optus people pop in here occassionally, but tech support isn't usually dold out. You're better with phone (desite the wait) or you can try LIVECHAT. 

Your speeds suggest you have a fault in the line somewhere. What technology is your NBN? FTTN?

You should get in contact with Optus and:

1) Get them to check the line speed to the modem

2) Get them to tell you what likely best speed you can get

3) Stop paying $20 for a speed pack your not getting (ask for a refund for prior months)

4) If they can't fix the issue (usually they will just ask you to turn the modem on and back off) then get them to lodge an inspection/case with the NBNCo.

All this assumes you are testing your speed on a wired connection. If its a wifi connection then its also possible your wifi is not set up correctly. 

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor MJH2
Occasional Contributor

Thanks mate. I'll do that. I appreciate the info. Cheers

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi @MJH2, our NBN fault management team would be your best point of contact → 1300300427 however we do have the ability to perform a couple of checks on our end. If we can identify a possible line issue, we can always refer you on directly to our case management. Feel free to send us a PM with your account details; we're happy to run through your options.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos