There will be some channels leaving the Fetch service soon. Click here to find out what they are. Read the full story
I have tried solutions offered by a couple of different sources and none of them worked. After some trial and error, I have combined their advice and this is the solution that worked for me. My thanks to everyone who takes the time to share their knowledge via the web. This solution worked for a Canon MP530 multi-function printer. I'm thinking that if it worked on this old clunker, it should work on just about anything. Good luck. Info below.
This advice is for Windows 10 OS. It should be a very similar process in Windows 7.
ADD A NETWORK PRINTER TO SAGEMCOM FAST 3864 ADSL MODEM
Have the printer driver ready on USB or pre-loaded to a temporary location on the PC
On Sagemcom modem
- Go to set-up and 'Multimedia'
- Enter your printer's name, brand and model in text boxes. Avoid inserting spaces.
- Attach the printer to the rear USB port on the modem
- Go to Control Panel
- 'Devices and printers'
- 'Add a printer'
- 'Add a network printer'
- This will launch auto-search. It won’t find the printer you want to install but let it finish before proceeding to the next step.
- Click on ‘The printer that I want isn’t listed’ which appears at the bottom of the screen
- Click on the ‘Select a shared printer by name’ radio button
- In the text box, insert this address: http://192.168.0.1:631/printers/yourprinter'sname
The printer name must be exactly the same name you entered in the Multimedia set-up on the modem, including the use of upper and lower case characters. If there were spaces in the printer name you entered in the modem, try using ‘%20’ - without the inverted commas - ro replace the sames when entering the name into the PC. FYI, 631 in the printer’s network address is the port to use for IPP.
- Click on 'Next'
- Select the printer manufacturer and model number from the list offered by Windows. If your printer isn’t on the list, Click on 'Browse' to select the driver you previously saved to a location on the PC.
NB: You can’t share an IPP printer, so you will need to repeat this process for every PC that requires access to your newly networked printer.
Content by community member @ oneword