Your bucket list is about to get a whole lot bigger.
The National Geographic App is now available to all Optus Postpaid mobile (except month-to-month), Fetch with Optus and Optus mobile broadband customers.
On the National Geographic App, you can:
Watch: New long form series, documentaries and short form videos on demand and enjoy the ability to cast to the big screen.
Read: Full magazines from January 2009, web articles from January 2014 and a selection of 75 of the best classic issues from the National Geographic archive as well as up-to-the-minute newsroom articles.
Look: Explore the world’s most famous photography archive and stream National Geographic’s latest photos from Instagram.
Personalise: Choose what content you see based on your preferences and find personalised content in the ‘For You’ feed.
The latest update also includes a brand-new tablet version of the National Geographic App, unveiling a whole new experience for tablet users:
If you’re an Optus prepaid or month-to-month postpaid/mobile broadband customer, don’t worry – try our 30-day free trial of the National Geographic App, available for all Australian mobile numbers. What’s more, everything in the National Geographic App is data free on the Optus mobile network.
Ts & Cs
The National Geographic App included on eligible Optus Plans
- Fair Go Policy applies. The National Geographic App is a premium product available at no additional cost for viewing in Australia on eligible Optus plans for selected iOS and Android devices. Visit com.au/natgeofor more info.
- Available for Optus customers who are 18+ yrs, or 15-17yrs with parental permission, on eligible postpaid mobile, mobile broadband plans and active Fetch with Optus customers. Excludes Fleet, Tech Fund and month-to-month SIM only customers.
- Eligible customers will receive 1 login per account, allowing concurrent use on 2 screens. Mobile customers may receive additional logins for additional service numbers. Mobile broadband and active Fetch with Optus customers will receive a maximum of one login per account. May take up to 4 hours after activating your service before you can successfully access the National Geographic App. National Geographic content will be streamed data-free on the Optus mobile network. Other content such as ads, authentication, app analytics, Optus Competition Page or links to third party sites are excluded and may incur data charges.
- Access to the National Geographic App will be available for the life of your plan (unless you cancel or move to an ineligible plan), while Optus retains the rights. App is exclusive until January 2019.
- The National Geographic App includes selected content from National Geographic magazines. Includes full magazine content from January 2009, a selection of 75 of National Geographic’s best classic issues from the archive, and web articles from January 2014.
The National Geographic App with 30-day Free Trial
- Fair Go Policy applies. One National Geographic App free 30-day trial per user available at no cost for viewing in Australia on selected iOS and Android devices. Requires an active Australian mobile number and is available for those who are 18+yrs, or 15-17yrs with parental permission. Data charges may apply from your internet and mobile service provider.
- By participating in the National Geographic App free 30-day trial, you agree that Optus may collect the information you provide during the registration process and may contact you about the National Geographic App and other Optus products and services. Your information will be kept by Optus indefinitely. You may opt-out of being contacted for marketing purposes by clicking ‘unsubscribe’ or ‘opt-out’ on Optus’ communications after you have received your registration confirmation. Data charges will apply when streaming National Geographic App content on a non-Optus network.