Once again, we’re bringing eligible customers closer to this summer’s sensational cricket action with free access to the Cricket Australia Live app and our own dedicated 24/7 cricket channel on Optus Sport.
If you have a Premium subscription to Optus Sport, this is what you can enjoy:
FREE access to Cricket Australia Live app
Download the Cricket Australia Live app and you can watch Australia take on their fiercest rivals England in this year’s Magellan Ashes Series, plus stream the entire KFC Big Bash League and Women’s Big Bash League season live and on-demand. What’s more, you can watch all the cricket data free which means you can stream as much action as you want without using the data in your plan. Please note that ads, authentication, analytics and content other than live games in the Cricket Australia Live app will use data though.
To start watching the live cricket for free on the Cricket Australia Live app, you’ll need to do the following:
1. Download Optus Sport app and create an account if you haven’t done so already:
2. Download Cricket Australia Live app:
Click to download Cricket Australia Live app for iOS
Click to download Cricket Australia Live app for Android
3. Sign up for a CricketID or log in to Cricket Australia Live app with your existing CricketID then link your Optus Sport to your CricketID account.
4. Enjoy live cricket data free via the Cricket Australia App and on-demand cricket action data free via the Optus Sport app.
Catch up on as much cricket as you want with our 24/7 cricket channel
The 24/7 Optus Sport cricket channel returns with a bang, showcasing extended highlights, interviews, classic matches and more. Tune in at any time day or night to enjoy as much cricket as you can handle - plus don’t forget that watching anything on Optus Sport is data free if you’re an Optus customer with an eligible plan, so go wild. The 24/7 cricket channel is available until 28/02/2017.
Take the action with you
Start watching the action on-the-go via the Optus Sport or Cricket Australia Live app then then pick up where you left off at home on the big screen with Yes TV by Fetch.
See more of the game you love
Catch extended highlights of each day’s play, plus interviews and more, exclusively on Optus Sport.
To find out more about cricket from Optus Sport, head to: optus.com.au/cricket
Enjoy live cricket data free via the Cricket Australia App and on-demand cricket action data free via the Optus Sport app.
- Make sure your app is up to date. Older apps will give different menus and not allow you to link accounts.
- Open the app and click on Extras on the bottom right side
- Sign up for a CricketID or log in to Cricket Australia Live app with your existing CricketID then link your Optus Sport to your CricketID account.
- Once logged in it will take you to the My account section. Just click the back button (top left side on IOS or back button android) and it should take you back to the Extras section. Once in the Extras section you should see Live pass, it should be blank. If it is blank click on Optus sport customer.
- Next, login with your Optus EPL information, it will be the same you use in the Optus sports app or on www.sport.optus.com.au then click confirm
- You will get a little confirmation screen advising are you sure you want to link your Optus Sports account to CricketID. Please make sure this is correct because this CANNOT be changed after its linked
- It may take up to a minute for the account to link up. Once it does you will get another message saying you have successfully linked your Optus sports account to your CricketID. Then click OK
- Once linked next to Live Pass it should say Optus pass. This means the accounts have been successfully linked up. If you click on the Optus Pass it will give you how many days you have left has with the pass.
Ts & Cs
PERSONAL VIEWING IN AUSTRALIA ONLY. FAIR GO POLICY APPLIES. AVAILABLE IN SELECTED HOMES.
Optus Sport: Content and features vary by device and sport. Sport coverage is available as long as you remain on an eligible plan and Optus has the rights. Optus Sport is a month-to-month subscription, which will continue until you cancel your subscription or you move to an ineligible plan. An Optus Sport subscription is included at no extra cost on eligible mobile plans priced at $45 and above on 24 months contract and on our $80 broadband plan. Where your plan includes Optus Sport at no additional cost, your bill will show a $15 charge and corresponding credit.
Live Cricket Matches: Streaming of live cricket matches played in Australia available via the Cricket Australia Live app. Additional exclusive cricket content is available via the Optus Sport app.
Yes TV by Fetch eligibility & equipment: Available on selected Optus postpaid mobile and home broadband plans in selected premises. Requires an active fixed broadband internet connection with a download speed of at least 3Mbps, and access to free to air digital TV services via an external antenna connection. Optus owns the set top box, and you must return it following cancellation of the service. Fees apply for late return or damage to the set top box.