You can now share your Premier League predictions on Optus Sport for the chance to win weekly prizes.
We’ve set up the Optus Sport Predictor so you can choose who you think will win, lose or draw and submit your predictions each round. There are some great prizes to be won including Beats Studio Wireless Over-Ear Headphones, UE Boom 2 Phantom Bluetooth Speakers and more up for grabs.
The Predictor is open to both Optus and non-Optus customers - as long as you’re an Optus Sport account holder you can submit a prediction. Not got an Optus Sport account yet? Head here to register for one. We’re currently offering a free Optus Sport trial for everyone (including Foxtel, Vodafone and Telstra customers) until 31 August 2017 so don’t miss out, register today and to watch the first three rounds of the Premier League (plus all our other exciting sport content) at no cost to you.
To wrap up, it’s safe to say the opening weekend saw some surprising results that the Yes Crowd team were not expecting! Notably, reigning champions Chelsea had a disastrous start to their title defence as they lost 3-2 to Burnley at Stamford Bridge. Elsewhere, Wayne Rooney scored on his second debut for Everton (after spending 13 years at Manchester United) to give the Toffees a 1-0 victory over Stoke. And Romelu Lukaku announced his arrival at Manchester United by scoring twice to see The Red Devils embarrass West Ham with a 4-0 defeat.
Ts & Cs
|Promotion:||Optus Sport Predictor|
|Promoter:||Singtel Optus Pty Limited ABN 90 052 833 208, 1 Lyonpark Road, Macquarie Park, NSW 2113, Australia. Ph: 1800230158|
|Promotional Period:||Start date: 31/07/17 at 09:00 am AEST
End date: The start time of the last game of Game Round 7 of the 2017/18 Premier League Season (approximately 2:30am AEDT on 2nd October 2017).
|How to Enter:||Entry is only open to Australian residents who are 18 years and over.|
|How to Enter:||
Entrants will be able to submit tips for Game Rounds 1 to 7 of the 2017/18 Premier League Season. First game of each Game Round is specified below:
Game Round 1: 12th August 2017
Game Round 2: 19th August 2017
Game Round 3: 26th August 2017
Game Round 4: 9th September 2017
Game Round 5: 16th September 2017
Game Round 6: 23rd September 2017
Game Round 7: 30th September 2017
For every tip an entrant gets correct for an Eligible Match they will be awarded one (1) point; for every incorrect tip an entrant will receive zero (0) points. If an entrant fails to submit a tip for an Eligible Match or fails to submit a tip by the time required, they will receive zero (0) points for that Eligible Match. If an entrant joins the season late they will not receive any tips for the Game Rounds prior to registering. Entrants will therefore begin scoring points from the Game Round they enter. If an Eligible Match is abandoned, cancelled or not played for any reason, the Promoter may in its discretion award either zero (0) points or one (1) point to all entrants who submitted a tip for that respective Eligible Match.
Premier League Season Results used to determine winners of this Promotion:
Results are released at the completion of each Eligible Match, once the official statistics are verified. Usually allow about 10-15 minutes after the completion of an Eligible Match for the results to be published on the site. Optus Sport Predictor overall rankings and competition ladders are generally updated by midday the next day after the completion of each Eligible Round. If there is any dispute as to the final results of an Eligible Match affecting the Promotion winners for a Game Round, the Promoter’s decision will be final.
Winners for each Game Round (10 total per Game Round)
There will be ten (10) winners for each Game Round. Entrants for each Game Round will be ranked based on the number of points obtained for that Game Round (in accordance with the scoring system above). The top ten (10) entrants for each Game Round will win the respective prize for their placing as indicated below.
Tie-Break Mechanic: If two (2) or more people are tied for any specific placing they will be re-ranked based on their Goal Margin (i.e. the difference between their nominated Goal Predictor - the total amount of goals they think will be scored for the Game Round, and the total number of goals actually scored for that Game Round). For example, if they select 30 goals to be scored in game week 1, but 35 goals are scored, their Goal Margin will be 5 goals. If the user predicts 20 goals to be scored, but 55 goals are scored in that game week, the user's game week margin would be 35 (i.e. it is the difference between your prediction and the actual score). The lower your margin, the better you have performed.
In the event of entrants having the same tipping score and have predicted the same Goal Predictor for the Game Round, the entrant will be re-ranked based on who submitted their tips first (with person who submitted tips first for that Game Round re-ranked higher).
|Entries permitted:||Each person may only have one (1) Optus Sport account set up at sport.optus.com.au.|
|Total Prize Pool:||AUD $8,663.55|
|Prizes for each Game Round ( 7 Game Rounds total)|
|1st Place Prize: The prize is Beats Studio Wireless Over-Ear Headphones (Matte Black).||AUD$478.00|
|2nd & 3rd Place Prize: The prize is UE BOOM 2 Phantom (Black)||AUD$240.00|
|4th to 10th Place Prize: The prize is 3SIXT JetPak.||AUD$39.95|
|Prize Conditions:||No part of a prize is exchangeable, redeemable for cash or any other prize or transferable.|
|Winner notification:||The winners for each Game Round will be contacted via email and published at tipping.sport.optus.com.au within five (5) days of end of the Game Round.|
|Unclaimed Prizes:||In the event of an unclaimed prize, the Promoter may at its discretion assign the prize to the entrant who would have otherwise been the winner had the original winning entrant not participated in the Promotion or withdraw the prize unawarded. The Promoter is under no obligation to award any unclaimed prize.|
1. The entrant agrees and acknowledges that they have read these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule) and that entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule). Any capitalised terms used in these Conditions of Entry have the meaning given in the Schedule, unless stated otherwise.
2. The Promotion commences on the Start Date and ends on the End Date ("Promotional Period"). Entries/tips/Goal Predictors are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission or deposit by the entrant. Records of the Promoter and its agencies are final and conclusive as to the time of receipt.
3. Valid and eligible tips/registrations/Goal Predictors must be submitted before the cut-off time specified in the How to Enter section above.
4. Employees (and the immediate family members) of agencies/companies directly associated with the conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter, its distributors, suppliers, subsidiary companies/businesses and associated companies and agencies are not eligible to enter. "Immediate family member" means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
5. If a prize is won by a person under the age of 18, the prize may be awarded to the winner's parent or guardian and where applicable to the prize a nominated parent/guardian must accompany any person under 18 years of age.
6. All reasonable attempts will be made to contact each winner.
7. If any winner chooses not to take their prize (or is unable to), or does not take or claim a prize by the time specified by the Promoter, or is unavailable, they forfeit the prize and the Promoter is not obliged to substitute the prize.
8. The value of the prizes is accurate and based upon the recommended retail value of the prizes (inclusive of GST) at the date of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes after that date
9. If a prize (or portion of a prize) is unavailable the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that portion of the prize) to a prize of equal or greater value and/or specification.
10. No entry fee is charged by the Promoter to enter the Promotion. Where entry is allowed online, there is no additional cost to enter the Promotion other than any cost paid by the entrant to access the website of entry via their Internet service provider.
11. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant or winner, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant or winner.
13. For the purposes of public statements and advertisements, the Promoter may only publish the winner's surname, initial and State/Territory or postcode of residence.
14. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow a winner to take part in any or all aspects of a prize, if the Promoter determines in their absolute discretion, that a winner is not in the physical or mental condition necessary to be able to safely participate in or accept the prize. It is a condition of accepting the prize that a winner (or their parent or legal guardian if under the age of 18) may be required to sign a legal release as determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion, prior to receiving a prize. If a winner is under the age of 18, a nominated parent or legal guardian of the winner will be required to sign the legal release on the winner's behalf.
15. If a prize is provided to the Promoter by a third party, the prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the third party prize supplier and the provision of the prize is the sole responsibility of the third party and not the Promoter. The terms and conditions which apply to the prize at the time it is issued to the winner will prevail over these Conditions of Entry, to the extent of any inconsistency. The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any delay or failure by the third party to deliver the prize, any delay or failure relating to the prize itself or failure by the third party to meet any of its obligations in these Conditions of Entry or otherwise.
16. Any guarantee or warranty given is in addition to any relevant statutory guarantees and warranties and nothing in these Conditions of Entry restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
17. If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify suspend the Promotion and invalidate any affected entries, or suspend or modify a prize.
18. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to validate and check the authenticity of entries, tips, and Goal Predictors and entrant's details (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence). In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof as required by the Promoter to validate their entry, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered. Incomplete, indecipherable, inaudible, incorrect and illegible entries, as applicable, will at the Promoter's discretion be deemed invalid and not eligible to win. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an individual to automatically enter repeatedly or unfairly manipulate the results of the Promotion is prohibited and may render all tips submitted by that individual invalid.
19. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries, tips and Goal Predictors in the event of non-compliance with these Conditions of Entry. In the event that there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion, the decision of the Promoter is final and binding on each entrant and no correspondence will be entered into.
20. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence or wilful misconduct) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using any prize (or recommendation), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
21. The entrant will participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing and editorial activities relating to the Promotion, including (but not limited to) being recorded, photographed, filmed or interviewed and acknowledges that the Promoter may use any such marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them.
22. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications and the entrant must seek their own independent financial advice in regards to the tax implications relating to the prize or acceptance of the prize.
23. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.
24. Authorised under NSW Permit No. LTPS/17/16023 and ACT TP 17/01393.