Searching...

Re: Postpaid Music Streaming FAQs

Tano

Hey @at84, if music streaming was previously active on your pass service this would indicate it's still data-free even before you make the switch to the new plan. We can double check this for you to ensure everything is still okay on our end, send through a private message with your account details and we'll take a look.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

deanomalino

Hi there.

This may be too early to tell.

Currently Google are in the process of combining their Google Play Music service into YouTube Music. Not sure if Google have come right out and said that, but that's my understanding of the situation.

Has there been any indication whether YouTube Music will be part of the Quota Free Music streaming that you guys offer?

Thanks!

Dan_C

@deanomalino,

can't say that we've heard anything from upstairs on that one@M0F0

Their pricing structure is a bit confusing. 

The premium subscription charge for YouTube Premium is slightly higher than a Premium Google music subscription and includes all Current content available on YouTube Premium. 

The great new for existing google music subscribers is that they won't see a change to the way that they're charged. They’ll also receive access to YouTube Premium as they'd already had an active YouTube Red account. 

It'll be interesting to see whether they can convince customers of other popular streaming services like Netflix to give it a shot. The free access to Google play is a great incentive to switch. 

I think we’ll have to wait and see what the uptake is like at launch.

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Villanick

I already pay for premium Spotify ( with no ad breaks)  If I cancel that and 'use  the Optus service do I now get ads during playlists.

Aman_B

Hi @ Villanick - Sorry for the confusion here. Optus music streaming offer means any usage while connected to the App is un-metered and this usage is not using your mobile plan data. The subscription charges or your account with Spotify is not linked to the offer. So if you are already using premium Spotify, you can continue using that on Optus network and this streaming of  music won't be using your data allocation. 

aids

worst avatars ever!!!

So, I want to stream music from other than the "data free" app selection by optus and Im not bothered that its not free streaming. Happy for it to come out of my data allowance.

How do I know if streaming has been enabled on my account (postpaid)?

Wesley-J

Hey aids - shoots us a private message, with your full name, DOB and service/account number so we can check this for you.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
1 Kudo
1 Kudo
1 Kudo