Searching...

Re: Postpaid Music Streaming FAQs

Swami

I already have Spotify and pandora apps downloaded Can I just start using those apps and get the free streaming music or do I need to re download special apps 

thornhawk

Spotify, through the mobile app, now has the ability to handle podcasts. Will podcasts be included in the free streaming content?

Hollie

Heya @Swami - you don't need to re-download the Apps however you do need to register for the Music Streaming offer via My Account or by chatting to our billing team on 133937.

Hey @thornhawk - just getting clarification on whether the Streaming includes podcasts. I'll get back in touch once I have an answer Smiley Happy

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Hollie

Hey @Swamin - sorry for the delay, I can confirm the Podcasts will be included in the unmetered data offer on Spotify Smiley Happy

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

SenorJonez

I've recently registerd and activated my data-free music with Pandora. However, it seems that my Pandora iPhone app won't connnect since doing this, unless I'm connected to WiFi, which is completely useless to me. Any ideas what's going on, or how I fix it?

Serena

That's odd @SenorJonez...so when you're connected on the Mobile Network and open up the App does it give you an error? Can you please try uninstalling/reinstalling the app and testing it out on 3G only.

Have you seen something helpful? Don't forget to give it a kudos. Asked a question and got an answer? Make sure you mark it as an accepted solution!

angeloabbattist

If  I connect my phone via bluetooth in my car can I stream Pandora music free or is that considered as tethering? 

Casey_

Hey angeloabbattist, as long as you are using Bluetooth from the official Pandora app, this would not be considered tethering as you are not sharing the data. Using Bluetooth would not count towards your data allowance

ashley_s

Typical, no Apple Music. Considering Optus offer Apple products they should really strike a deal to offer Apple Music data free

Shae

We offer plenty of other services ashley_s, but at this stage we don't have any plans to extend this offer to Apple Music. This may change in the future but given that offering this would be a dialogue between us and Apple, both parties would need to agree to the terms of the offer. I don't know the specific reasons that we don't offer Apple Music as part of the data free music, however we've been able to successfully partner with many other streaming services, so it may be that the terms of the offer are unsatisfactory to one of the parties involved.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
1 Kudo
1 Kudo
1 Kudo