Searching...

Re: Mobile TV Streaming FAQs

10000000000GB
They should have been limited in speed, automatically. You may just find that iview is metered no matter what you do.

Whyoptus_why

I think you’re right 10000000000GB. This page (https://www.optus.com.au/for-you/entertainment/tv-movies/mobile-tv-streaming) seems to state iview is unmetered and this blog states HD is not possible with Mobile TV active, but as the support chat showed the other day, there appears to be so many pages of information Optus staff can draw from they can present “alternative facts” and claim that applies to each case. 

10000000000GB
I just viewed some of Harrow using Firefox through a modem and it eventually settled on a steady stream of 1.5mbs. I don't know what rate it would go at if I turned off the unmetered feature, but iview has never been particularly high definition when I ripped the eps using iview napper. Unfortunately you have to install Flash to run iview on a PC. Watch for that signature 1.5mbs and you'll know it's unmetered. Also keep an eye on total usage in your app.

10000000000GB
Might be an idea to check in the ENTERTAINMENT section of your My Account, that TV is enabled.

Whyoptus_why

I’ve checked a few times when data was bleeding from the account. Music streaming and Mobile TV both active. Apparently. 

Nelse

I changed my plan just this month and now My Netflix data is being deducted from my data.

I was on the $40 per month Sim only plan and changed to $45 per month for 50 Gig per month.

Dan_C

@Nelse, there has been a change to the pricing.

The Mobile TV streaming add-on is $5p/m on all SIM only offers (12M & M2M).

You can remove the add-on from the My Optus application. If you like, you can always re-add it. It is a month-month service and not built into the rate plan itself.

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Lyric39

Free streaming iPad ...HDMI lightening cable ....to TV ....mobile data only 

will this set up use my data ?????

mutulong

I have a same question, new iPad pro, connect USB type c to HDMI on TV, will watching Netflix use my data?

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
1 Kudo
1 Kudo
1 Kudo