Searching...

Re: Mobile TV Streaming FAQs

Shae

You're definitely entitled to your opinion Dillb and I do hope we're able to win you over eventually Smiley Happy Let us know if you had any questions in future and we'll do our best to help!

Mandyg

I have a Optus mobile wifi with a second sim that is attached to my mobile account. I have the free data movie streaming package on this account. Can I use my mobile wifi to view movies on my tablet without using data?

Do I need to go through the fetch tv Optus app to watch movies? If so I can get my activation code. If not I assume I just go through Netflix which I'm already subscribed too. 

Thanks

Gen_R

Hey @Mandyg - if you wanted to take advantage of data free streaming you'd have to watch from the Netflix app on the device the SIM card is in. Also, to access the 30 free movies on the Fetch, you would have to get your activation code from your MyAccount. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Highlighted

Mandyg

Gen R, thanks but if I have a shared data sim attached to my mobile account which is in the Optus mobile wifi dongle, can I plug this into my laptop and watch movies with the free data I've signed up for?

Gen_R

No, that wound't work. In short, if you have an tablet plan $35 and above, you can add $10 bolt on to watch data free Netflix on that tablet. If you have a mobile service with Optus and have paid the extra $10 a month, or have it included for free on your plan, you can watch it on your Mobile. You cannot tether the Internet to another device and get the unmetered streaming.  

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Thomnbid

What's services are free. I was told today at an Optus outlet that includes Netflix, presto, 7plus, abc iview, ten play, sbs on demand and Stan. Are these correct.

cheers

Scott_M

Hi @Thomnbid, you can enjoy streaming TV and movies from Netflix, Stan, Presto, ABC iview and ABC KIDS iview without using your plan’s data. FTA streaming apps like 7plus, SBS and Ten Play are not included in our free streaming arrangements. 

Tinaaa

If I plug the apple hdmi adapter into my phone and Rv and make the screen bigger that way, will it still be free?

Tinaaa

If I plug the apple hdmi adapter into my phone and tv and make the screen bigger that way, will it still be free?

Guy

Only the device which has been provisioned for Mobile TV will receive data free streaming - tethering isn't supported and will utilise your included data. The setup you mention isn't supported officially. 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
1 Kudo
1 Kudo
1 Kudo