Searching...

Re: Mobile TV Streaming FAQs

Meg

Hi  Tarbardiosa we only support using the Mobile Apps for phone and Tablet available via Netflix or Presto. What App have you been using on the Gear VR? 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Tarbardiosa

Hi Meg, the app I have been using is the Gear VR version of the official Netflix app on my Galaxy S7. It is functionally identical to the regular version except it is displayed in a virtual lounge room within the Gear VR headset....

Meg

I couldn't guarantee that  it would be included in the offer Tarbardiosa. Basically because the mobile is pairing with the Gear VR it would be seen as tethering  or hot spotting the data from the mobile. The Netflix data offer doesn't include any tethering or hot spot options. Meg

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Micsam
I dont want want to sign up to netflix until i know it works free streaming in Gear Vr or if you can Plug it in HDMI as technically this is not streaming. If anyone can let me know if they have had good luck with either. Cheers Michael

Tarbardiosa

Hey Micsam, I have tested it myself and the Gear VR Netflix does seem to be data free. The optus data inight section groups the Gear VR and regular Netflix in the same group, and it doesn't seem to be counting towards my usage. The HDMI cable I haven't been able to test yet but I plan to in the near future and can post on here with results unless you find out earlier

Tarbardiosa

Data Insight*

In this screenshot the usage on Tue 13th was the regular app, Wed 14th was the Gear VR. So my understanding is that from the server side, the two apps look the same to Optus

Screenshot_20160916-083444.png

Highlighted

tristancayzer

Hi, I have activated the entertainment pack on my service and have paid $10 for unlimited streaming. If I use my phone as a hot spot and connect my ipad(a wi-fi version only) and my PlayStation 3 do I get unlimited streaming?? Thank you

Tikka1984

I have 28 gig shared data between phone and iPad, can I watch Netflix on either one. Or can I put phone sim into iPad and watch Netflix on iPad 

Jax_K

@tristancayzer, can confirm that you can definitely hotspot however data won't be un-metered. 

@Tikka1984, you definitely can. You'd need to swap the SIM card between the devices though or if you place your iPad on a plan you can add on the entertainment pack. 

200bbb

Hi,

I have a Optus mobile broadband plan with the entertainment pack. Here is my modem:

http://cdn1.bigcommerce.com/n-ou1isn/hnx4mcea/product_images/uploaded_images/optus-huawei-e5786.jpg?...

I have been streaming to my xbox one data free for about 2 weeks. My Account showed 25gb of unmetered usage. Then 3 days ago the unmetered usage stopped increasing and started using my 10gb data. Why is this allowed to happen?

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
1 Kudo
1 Kudo
1 Kudo