Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
New Contributor kunokuno
New Contributor

www.jamster.com.au subscribed

hi

I got a SMS which 194000 send to me

SMS contect as below

U’ve subscribed to Jamster Full Track costing U $10/Wk + $5 sign up fee on your next bill www.jamster.com.au

and it charged me $15 for next month. does anyone can cancel it for me since i didnt subscribed anything with www.jamster.com.au. thx ~

Transaction

08/02/2017 01:10:23

n/a

n/a

JamsterFullTrackClub

Netsize

Freenet Digital

P/O

AUD 5

Query

History

08/02/2017 01:10:18

n/a

n/a

JamsterFullTrackClub

Netsize

Freenet Digital

P/O

AUD 5

Query

History

08/02/2017 01:10:08

n/a

n/a

JamsterFullTrackClub

Netsize

Freenet Digital

P/O

AUD 5

Query

History

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Moderator Marie

Re: www.jamster.com.au subscribed

Hey Kunokuno 🙂

We can certainly stop these from happening again by setting a $0 spend limit for Premium SMS services on your account. 

We'll also be able to dispute the charges on your account and the provider will be in contact with you within 2 business days.

Could you please PM through your mobile number, date of birth as well as your full name so we can get this organised for you. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor KevinSimon
New Contributor

Hi There,

I have just received the same message and I assume the charges will follow suit (?). Like all of the other complaints on the forum for Jamster, I definitely did not subscribe to the service. 

With this is mind, can someone from Optus please tell me:

(1) How can I disable and/or reverse these charges? and

(2) With so many complaints on this forum (and others) on Jamster, is it not possible for Optus to "ban" this premium SMS company?

Thanks,

Kevin.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Brock_E
RetiredModerator

Thanks  for touching base, @KevinSimon.

As you've noted above, it looks like you've incurred some charges in relation to Premium SMS. If you haven't already, I'd advise reducing your Content Services spend down to $0 in My Account to prevent future charges. All the information you need to do this can be found here. Due to the influx of complaints we've been receiving, we're currently working on a solution which would involved having these companies banned.

If you'd like to dispute any current charges, it's best to get in touch with our Billing team.

0 Kudos
New Contributor KevinSimon
New Contributor

Thanks for the reply @Brock_E - please can you keep me updated on the solution that Optus is implementing?

I personally think that banning companies is good, but the problem with this solution is that it can only happen after the fact (ie they only get banned after they have "stung" enough people). There should really be some type of confirmation process from Optus before a charge can be added to an account. Something as simple as a text message saying "You have signed up to XYZ - reply YES to confirm".

At the moment it is far too easy for companies like this to fraudulently charge your customers, and the onus should be on Optus to rectify this urgently as you are allowing this to happen.

Regards,

Kevin.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey @KevinSimon

We actually released a blog on the topic back on the 01/12/17. If you're interested, I've left the URL below. 

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Blog/Changes-to-our-Premium-Services-offering/ba-p/351928

"In 2016 we introduced a strict set of consumer safeguards for Third Party Content Providers to follow. We constantly review our relationship with content providers to ensure we’re offering our customers the best mix of services and content offerings. But we’ve also listened to examples that you have experienced in regard to Third Party Content so from 31 January 2018, we’re suspending certain subscription-based Third Party Content providers on all mobile services that use the Optus network (except Virgin Mobile Australia customers)."

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors