cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

unable to a cancel direct debit in 'my account'

Hi, in my account there is only a setup form for a direct debit, not a form to cancel a direct debit. When searching 'how to cancel a direct debit'  Optus directs my to my account, but as I said, there is no cancellation form ..........?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: unable to a cancel direct debit in 'my account'

Hey @Possum, if you go to 'View bill' and then 'Payment options' does your direct debit display there? It should allow you to delete or edit it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Hannah, unfortunately not ........

Spoiler
Smiley Sad

As it looks like I have to contact Optus, which is really a pain. Thought it would be very easy ( easy to sign up, but to cancel....pfff).  I'll think twice to have direct debit again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

There';s a 'Direct Debit" link under the main service on the top of the Dashboard screen in My Account. If you click on that there is a Delete option.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your reply and my apology for my late response. I've tried what you suggested, but zilch,  nothing there to cancel my direct debit. There is only a form to sign up for direct debit, but no cancellation form. I had to ring Optus and cancel it over the phone............pfffffffSmiley Mad

Spoiler
Spoiler

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hmm, okay, if that's the case you can chat with our Billing team directly HERE so we can get this sorted out for you 🙂 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

i can't do it either and i have multiple debits that should not be coming out of my bank account

packing death and can't cancel until i sort it out with bank or whatever

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Just read previous question about cancelling direct debit - just as you say - go around and around but can only set up direct debit. I need to cancel mine urgently because I have just stumbled on my transfers from savings account to optus and there has been AT LEAST one per day for about 10 days but I cannot stop the leaking. Trying to contact Optus and ANZ but it is the middle of the night. The directions on screen are useless from Optus although there is supposed to be a path billing to manage direct debit to sign in. Still looking. Wasting time. Packing death.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, it is very frustrating.  I had to ring Optus to cancel  my direct debits.  That's very bad customer service ( to say the least).  You would think the look into that problem and solve it, but as it looks like it still exists after months............Smiley Mad

Good look with your cancellations.

Cheers,

Angie

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Really sorry to hear of your experience @Gaye. You can certainly contact our 24 X 7 help team  Here from your PC and we can cancelling the direct debit. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors