Searching...

payment extension in place, still charged late fee...?

Damien_G

I requested a payment extension on my bill and it gave me the date "Tue, Aug 1, 2017" how ever i've been issued with a late fee... whats the point of entering an agreed payment extension if they are still going to charge late fees? besides not having service restricted..

I thought that by doing a payment extension wouldn't give me any extra fees but i guess not after speaking to someone from optus "We only accept payment extension requests to protect a mobile service from being restricted"

With Tesltra if i request a payment extension i get a new date and as long as i pay by the new date i wont get any 'Late Fees'..

Re: payment extension in place, still charged late fee...?

Dan_C

Hi @Damien_G, payment extensions exist for the sole purpose of ensuring your service is not suspended for non payment. This is outlined on our website here → Please note that organising a payment extension may still incur a late payment fee. It's also important to note that late payment fees will not be applied if the amount owing is $50.00 or less. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses to private messages will be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Damien_G

But that's not good enough...

if it is so "important" than why isn't this information displayed when you make the request? 

Why is it some-what hidden..?

It does not even say anything that if ammount due is over $50 than fees will apply

Dan_C

I'm sorry we hadn't made this clear@Damien_G. Had you organised a payment extension via your Optus.com.au/myaccount? Before you request an extension we do advise that "A payment extension is subject to approval based on criteria including the amount owing and how overdue your payment is. Any late payment fee due during the extension period will be applied. We may need to speak with you before assisting you further."

You can also find the above information on our late payment and other billing fees section on our website → http://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer/late-payment-other-billing-fees?requestType=NormalReques...

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses to private messages will be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

petergdownload

"But that's not good enough?"

You entered into a deal to pay a set amount of money at a set time for a set service. The person that broke that deal was you. Now you feel aggrieved that having broken your word, the other party applies a small fee a recompense (one clearly listed in the contract you entered into).

Isn't Optus entitled to say "but that's not good enogh?"

Regards

Peter Gillespie

MelCat

Peter are you an OPTUS employee???? You seem to jump in to attack ppl raising issues with OPTUS. WHY do you take criticisms of OPTUS services so personally? YOU'RE REALLY *RUDE*.

petergdownload

You'll notice employees of Optus are a bit more circumspect (Like Dan_C above). 

I don't side with Optus or a poster. Most posters have legitimate grevances but also realise they are asking for help and type appropriately. In some posts, like this one I feel that Optus have done nothing to warrant then complaint and/or the poster is making unreasonable requests. Pointing this out isn't rude and can provide a chance for the poster to reflect on what they are saying. 

Its interesting in over 2000 posts you've headed back around half a year to find one you think is objectionable. Re-reading the thread I stand by the comments.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

MelCat

Jesus christ you can't understand the rationale for using a post from some time ago that EXACTLY DESCRIBES MY *CURRENT* ISSUE??!! Seriously? Stop trolling you dumb creeper.

petergdownload

I'm not sure what your point is trying to be here. But you had to skip past over a thousand posts that show the opposite of whatever it was. 

Incontrast just about every one of your posts so far reveals you to be aggressive, rude, ungrateful, ignorant, petty and just negative in general.

Peter Gillespie

Highlighted

MouniraH

Hi Everyone 

We ask that you please treat others with a courteous and respectful manner while using this forum to maintain a safe environment where all opinions are respected.

I have attached our community terms of use as a reminder here.

We thank you for your contributions

Have you seen something helpful? Don't forget to give it a kudos. Asked a question and got an answer? Make sure you mark it as an accepted solution!
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
16 Kudos
5 Kudos
5 Kudos
4 Kudos
4 Kudos