Searching...
Highlighted

overcharge for SMS I didnt sent!

Tody

Today I have receive a message my bill is nearly $700

I'm on sim only plan around $40 monthly

I checked my bill and there was some 6000 international SMS sent over one day!! from my shared data plan which I havent been using for years and I dont even have a sim card for that plan anymore.

I talk to one of customer service over live chat and she's keep saying its done under my account and my name.

That's why I'm flagging it up, isnt it?

My dominant number covers international messages and calls and I'm using messenger apps to talk to people overseas!

I told her I can not pay that much for what I didn use.

She said she can waive $200 still not very helpful.

Isn't optus responsible for investigating this kind of issues?

She finally raise a billing case after I ask for it.

I have been with optus over 10 years and am so disappointed about the customer service.

And don't understand how can something like this happen!

Re: overcharge for SMS I didnt sent!

Jeneral__Pain

You wrote: from my shared data plan which I havent been using for years and I dont even have a sim card for that plan anymore.

If you don't have the SIM for it, why did you not cancel it?

Your account was used to initiate these text messages, your lack of care in securing the SIM that is still active on your account is what caused this to occur? Why should Optus pay for your lack of action? 

Yes you are "flagging it up", but again I'm back to my original question if you had lost the SIM, why didn't you cancel/stop it?

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
17 Kudos
8 Kudos
5 Kudos
5 Kudos
5 Kudos