Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
bonza
Contributor
Contributor

new account number and new biller code

received by email today the monthly account for my mobile.

I've had this mobile for years, same phone number and same account number and the billing details are in my list of bills in my online bank account

went to pay it today and noticed that the BPAY biller code has been changed to what are on the previous invoices and so has my account number. WTF? is this an email scam?

there is nothing on the account from Optus that states there had been any changes so smells like one of the many email scams getting around

not paying this till I find out more

beware!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Dan_C
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: new account number and new biller code

@bonza, does the new account number start with a six? It appears there's a few customers who’ve been stumped by the change.

We've been migrating batches of post-paid mobile and mobile broadband accounts to a new billing/servicing platform.

You didn't receive an SMS advising that changes were happening with your account i.e. something along the line of "certain self-serve functionality may be limited during the migration period?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
bonza
Contributor
Contributor

yes, the new acc number does start with a 6

never received an sms regarding changes so it had me stumped. after posting this went online to my optus dashboard and accessed my account to verify and chacked that all was above board

so all is ok

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Ah, well that's good to hear! I believe SMS's are meant to be sent to customers impacted by the change. I'm sorry that wasn't the case in this instance. 

If there's anything else, let us know 🙂 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Tgai
New Contributor
New Contributor

No previous notification re change in account number or Bpay code - thanks optus, good one - I thought this was a scam bill, as I had received a scam one about 2 months ago. Thanks for the notification, obviously great notification. Also, why the change ? preferred all the info that was on the previous one.  NB: the enquiries number has also changed

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

The change was made in response to customer feedback. In the past, customers have expressed that they found the format of the old bill confusing i.e. GST being listed as a separate amount rather than being included for each taxable item. 

You can read more about the changes here.

Our general enquiries number is still 133 937.

We also have agents available on Live Chat 24/7. 

If you have any other questions, I'm happy to try and help out. 

0 Kudos