Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

how to cancle automatic 1GB extra

The shared data on your account has exceeded 8GB. You now have an extra 1GB for $10.00 and will be charged $10 for each extra 1GB you use. 

What should i do to stop 1GB extra because i don't need it?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: how to cancle automatic 1GB extra

Unfortunately this is not something that you can turn off. I can only suggest you monitor your data more closely to avoid this from happening again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @Gwen, as mentioned by @Yeldarb, auto data add ons can't be stopped as such. In order to avoid these you can watch your data usage from the My Optus App or from My Account. Please let us know if you are not receiving your usage alerts that are send at 50%, 85% and 100%. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

That is ridiculous!! App automatic updates etc would all need to be stopped and possibly loose important info🤷🏻‍♂️. That’s like giving an alcoholic a beer and saying your over your limit but I’ll leave this in front of you in case you get the shakes or withdrawals and it’s a necessity but I’ll charge you more!!!! The option should always be available! And the consumer watchdog should outlaw any provider not giving consumers the ability to turn it off🤬

Top Contributors