cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor noel2412
Occasional Contributor

Yes tv charged to my NBN account

Changed over to NBN a couple of months ago. Am now being billed for 'Yes TV Connect STB', even though I made it clear to the salesman that I did not want a TV package. Previously on ADSL2, the bill for TV was there, but a 'Refund' of the same amount was always given, so net cost was nil. I have the Fetch TV unit unopend in its box from when it was sent to us many years ago (even though I did not request it). Would be greatful if a refund ( now $30.34) for services I did not request be made, and no further charges for TV services be made.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Yes tv charged to my NBN account

Funnily the $80 Fetch package (with phone, pvr, channels, optus sport) has a min total cost of $1920

The corresponding $80 no Fetch package (i.e. you get internet and nothing else) has a min total cost of $2045

Not sure on the logic, but it will be cheaper to keep the FetchTV package

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Occasional Contributor

Not sure of your figures. I signed up for the basic $60 NBN plan ,with an extra $5 for unlimited National and $5 unlimited mobile calls  (ie $70 a month). Looking at the contract, Total min cost over 2 years is $1450. 

0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

I was assuming you were on the $80 plan.

The $60 plan doesn't include a Fetch TV at all (not even as an addon option).

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Occasional Contributor

Yup. Thats why I'm trying to get the charges cancelled- so far without success. The Optus 'support' is anything but that. Strangley my account says that Fetch TV is 'not compatible with the plan you have', but Optus charges me for it anyway!

0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

So what appears to have happened is you got sent a Fetch years ago on a plan. Back then Optus tended to do the 'credit' thing anyway so it was effectively free every month. You've now changed to a plan that is Fetch incompatible. So the system simply records you as having a unreturned box.

Contact LIVECHAT (24/7) and ask them to send out a satchel for your Fetch box. I'm not sure on the refund as technically OPtus have charged you in accordance with the actions taken (but they'll probably refund it though)

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Occasional Contributor

Even stranger. The fetch tv box has never been opened or activated, and has sat at the bottom of a dark cupboard for years. My NBN account says it is 'active', though 'not compatible with the plan you are on'. Didnt stop them charging me $15 a month though. Something the shop sales staff should be aware of when they migrate customers over to the NBN. I imagine it will be a common complaint soon, as a few of my friends have unused Fetch boxes. Finally got hold of someone on 24/7 livechat with some common sense- return satchel is in the post and a refund of $30 has been agreed. Result!

Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Took them a while, but they got there in the end Smiley Happy

PS the box might not fit in the satchel.  Its ok to not send the box and just the equipment.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Top Contributors