cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Wrong Billing on the 25% discount of $40 plan(Christmas promotion)

Wrong bill.JPG

It should be only $30(Including GST) to pay, but now i have to pay $40 for this bill.

Please assist for this.

Thank you.

8 Replies
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Wrong Billing on the 25% discount of $40 plan(Christmas promotion)

Hey @Coool,

As long as you're on the $40 SIM only December Promo 17 offer then the discount will be applied to the service. The T's and C's of this offer do state that the discount will be applied by your first invoice however I've found a couple where that hasn't been the case.

Feel free to send us a private message with your account details. We need your full name, DOB and mobile number. We'll double check this for you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I've had the same issue as per my post $30 plan not $30. I tired customer service would can't help and can't get thru to billing. Finding it difficult to understand why optus call it customer service as they haven't been really helpful through the process from the time I ordered Sims till I got my bill today. Did you sim arrive in time for Christmas?  I got two for presents and didn't get them till after despite being told different. 

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Did you get this sorted? Having the exact same problem (my arbitrary "25%" discount is $1.17) - have spent hours on live chat being given the run around. Customer service is a joke -seriously regretting moving to optus!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Did you get this sorted? Having the exact same problem (my arbitrary "25%" discount is $1.17) - have spent hours on live chat being given the run around. Customer service is a joke -seriously regretting moving to optus!!

ADDENDUM: have been repeatedly told the discount will only start from my second bill (when I queried what the $1.17 discount labeled "access fee discount" was I was told that was not the 25% access fee discount miscalculated, but a 'default discount'; so husband just received his first bill for exact same service (we joined at the same time) & sure enough - his is for the correct discounted amount of $30.  I've spent hours pursuing this complaint. Someone was meant to ring me back by 5.45pm this evening after I asked the live chat rep to escalate to formal complaint - never heard back so have lodged complaint with the Telecommunication Industry Ombudsman. Worst customer service I have ever experienced. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I'm having the same problem too. Told that because this is the first bill I only get the $0.59 discount. However to me that would mean the $360 minimum charge across 12 months is impossible to obtain (as the minimum charge would be $369.35). Not a great start coming across to Optus after being with Telstra for the last 10 years.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi. Nope not sorted . I got 2 of the sim cards for kids and wished I gone with a different provider now. Absolutely disgusted by the whole process so far. Seems like a big money grab by optus and they couldn't meet the demand. My own mobile is with telstra as is internet and I thought their customer service was bad but optus is 100 times worse. Was even considering changing my mobile and Internet to optus but definitely not now. Check my bill and both numbers discount reads 25% of 59c each. Again that's different to yours. I replied to a moderator and waiting for reply. I can't even get thru to optus to see if they set up direct debit I gave them credit card details but it's not clear on bill if set up.or not so have no idea if have to pay bill. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I'm glad to say that my issue is resolved now. Sent Dan a private message and he had everything sorted within 24 hours which a great and pain free experience compared to my contacts with the web chat agents (though, to be fair they're probably overworked to the point where they couldn't afford the time to look in to it properly, considering the wait time each time I tried - though that's not their fault). I won't go in to specifics as my issue may be different to yours but I would definitely send him a direct message to see if he can help you too.

To be completely honest with you, this experience was better than any I'd ever had with Telstra in the past. Give them a decent chance to make things right. They're only human just like the rest of us.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hey @Bee243 & @TNF, sorry to hear that this has been the experience you've had. Could you please PM me with your mobile number, full name and date of birth and I'll look further into this for you to see what's happening.

Glad to hear Dan was able to sort this out for you @ryzan92 🙂 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors