Searching...

Re: Winneroo Scam

lp27

I did get onto Live Chat and I was advised to pay my bill excluding the disputed amount and they would dispute the charges with the third party. I did this but the charges are still there in my account. How long is this supposed to take? Seems like nothing has happened.

Shauna

Hey @lp27 - It can take anywhere between 2-5 business days. If you don't hear anything within the next few days, feel free to get back in touch with us so we can take a look. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

lp27

It's been 12 business days. Isn't that enough?

Shauna

That certainly is a long time, sorry @lp27 - I didn't realise how long it had been. Can you please send me a PM with your account details, full name and DOB? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

lp27

I sent you a PM 5 days ago. No reply as yet. In the meantime my account is $10 overdue because as previously advised I did not pay for the disputed charges and I have now got a bill for a further $20.

AlexRH

We're not a Live service here on Yes Crowd, @lp27, so our responses can be delayed, though we're getting back to everyone as soon as we can.

If you need urgent assistance, best to get in touch with our Billing team directly or chatting with us via Live Chat HERE.

I'm just getting back to your PM now. 

Setrakus

I have also been bit by this scam. If someone from Optus can get that $10 back and set the mms thing to $0 for me too that be awesome. 

Vicky

Hi @Setrakus - happy to give you a hand with this if you can shoot me a PM with your full name, DOB and number → http://yesopt.us/pmvicky.

domwild

Hi,

One-click subscription to "Premium Services" via spam SMS messages are prohibited under the telco industry recommendations. To get your money back:

1. SMS "STOP" to the scammer. This will stop any further subscriptions, but will not stop monthly charges. Ring the telco and ask for the money to be refunded. Ignore suggestion to get money back from scammer, that never works.
  2. If unsuccessful during the call, mention a complaint to TIO (Ombudsman).
  3. Check telco invoice(s). If still unsuccessful, place on-line complaint to TIO, that helps to get the lost money back. Record reference number. Use it later to escalate complaint if no refund arrived.

Regards

MouniraH

Hi AKK

Please jump onto live chat →  http://yesopt.us/chat2us. and request with our agent to set your Premium SMS spend control limit to $0.00. This will prevent any third party content provider from charging your Optus account. The consultant can also raise a dispute with the provider on your behalf.

Thanks

M

Have you seen something helpful? Don't forget to give it a kudos. Asked a question and got an answer? Make sure you mark it as an accepted solution!
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
17 Kudos
7 Kudos
6 Kudos
6 Kudos
4 Kudos