cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Occasional Contributor AKK
Occasional Contributor

Winneroo Scam

Hey Battlers,

I've got excess charges from some criminals running some scam called "Winneroo".

I've never, and would never sign up to any of this rubbish, and I can't afford to be slugged with a $40 bill from these criminals.

Why is this allowed to go ahead?

What can be done to stop the Winneroo criminals?

How can I get my money back??

Thanks,

AKK

33 Replies
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Winneroo Scam

The moderators here will get your money back, because they work for the company that sent your phone number to them.

You have to write to politicians to fix this problem, and they probably won't know what you are talking about. Here is some back info

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2418905

RetiredModerator Nam_L
RetiredModerator

Hey @AKK,

Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us here. 

We can definitely raise a dispute with the Premium SMS provider and set your spend limit to $0 so you cannot subscribe to these services in the future.

When you have the chance, please confirm your mobile number, full name and DOB here → http://yesopt.us/pmnam

Cheers, 

0 Kudos
New Contributor lp27
New Contributor

I've been hit with this scam too. I dismissed the first text from them as spam but now I see a $10 charge on my bill and I just got a text that I've now spent over $30. I didn't subscribe to anything. I never agreed to it. I'm not paying for it. Get these charges off my account!

New Contributor Carooz
New Contributor

Hi All

Same problem here, never subscribed to this Scam and been charged 9.09$ on my bill.

I call the helpline number that i found on the bill and unsubscribed and received a confirmation sms.

Are there any others steps that are need to be done?

How is this possible?

Ciao

Highlighted
RetiredModerator Nam_L
RetiredModerator

Hey @Ip27 and @Carooz,

Thanks for reaching out to us here. At first instance, I'd recommend replying STOP to the number which has been advise via the SMS. For any urgent enquiries, I'd recommend contact our Live team here →  http://yesopt.us/chat2us

Alternative, you could reach out to us by confirming your mobile number, full name and DOB here → http://yesopt.us/pmnam. Once we've picked it up, we'll look into this further from there.

Cheers,

0 Kudos
New Contributor Giulsie_
New Contributor

I've too just seen that I e been charged 36.36! I didn't subscribe either. I did receive many texts from winnaroo that said I'd automatic ally be charged. Thinking this is a scam I deleted and blocked the number. How did they get access to my account and who gave out my number?

How do I get my money back???

Thanks

Moderator Shauna

Hey @Giulsie_ - Can you please confirm your account details, full name and DOB via PM? Happy to have this resolved. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
New Contributor Giulsie_
New Contributor

Hi Shauna. Thank you. I got onto the Optus chat and had this resolved . 😁

0 Kudos
Moderator Marie

Glad to hear it @Giulsie_ Smiley Happy 

Shout out if we can give you a hand with anything else in the future.

Cheers.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors