cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Why is Optus support so bad?

13 Replies
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Why is Optus support so bad?

Sorry to hear this sentiment, @HateOptus12. Certainly not what we like to see. Was there anything in particular you needed a hand with? Happy to help out if we can.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I'm beyond searching for help. I'm just complaining and will leave Optus as soon as it is convenient for me. You can't help me anyways because you are probably from a company outsourced to India, Pakistan or Bangladesh like all the people in the support team. It's funny that Optus sales team is completly based in Australia and the moment you sign the contract you will never ever talk again with someone from Australia. If I wouldn't suspect that the other providers do the same s**t, I would have left months ago. I guess Optus can be glad that their competitors are just as bad or even worse.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Disappointing to see that you're having trouble with the service at the current time. We're here to help if you ever need and we're based in Melbourne, Australia.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Yeah sure "Miles" or is your true name Vihaan? In the support chat you always talk to people like "John" or "Brad" or "Roger" but they at least admit that they are based outside Australia. Telling me now that it is not true is just cheap. Shame on Optus.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

You don't even have an option to downvote posts! What a joke of a chat system!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Not great to hear that you don't think we're being sincere with the info we're providing. As mentioned, we're here to help out in any way if we can and my apologies that you've been having such trouble with the service. In relation to my name, my mother wanted to name me Sam but my father got the final say in naming me Miles.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Ok "Miles", then tell me: Is the customer phone support and the chat support located outside of Australia?

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

We have both onshore and offshore reps in our call centres, @HateOptus12

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

So do the offshore agents use names like "John" and "Roger" allthough that are not theie true names? If yes, why should I believe that your true name is "Miles"? That's not how trust works!

0 Kudos
Top Contributors