cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
fawema2001
New Contributor
New Contributor

Why has Optus charged me a late payment fee?

I want to know if im getting  a  late fee as my acc was due to pay    Monday  4 th  may 2020 as I could nt  get to  a store iv paid it  Tuesday   1 day late 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: my account

Just a heads up fawema2001 as per the red advisory message on the right when you posted your question that we don't have access to or visibility of customer accounts here on our public forum.

From what you've described the late payment fee is for an overdue amount prior to the 4th of May. Customers don't receive them for paying one day late.

If you’re still needing a hand, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. The team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am now no longer part of Yes Crowd or Optus. Thank you to all those who have contributed to the forum during my time, especially the regulars! Cheers!
0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Why has Optus charged me a late payment fee?

@Ray_YC I think this is about a potential future fee. Combining what I know and Ray said:

1) Optus are not issuing Late Fees at the moment (due to difficulties paying) - so you're probably safe.

2) Optus apparently don't issue late fees for being one day late - so you're probably safe

3) Optus are usually pretty good at re-crediting a one off late fee on request anyway - so you're probably safe

In summary, you're probably safe.

0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

As you say @petergdownload we're just going with best guesses without having visibility of the account.

FYI the following Optus offers will be removed as of 1st of May

• 20GB Postpaid + 10GB Prepaid free data
  • 3 month free healthcare application
  • Automatic late payment fee waiver & 90 day suspension
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am now no longer part of Yes Crowd or Optus. Thank you to all those who have contributed to the forum during my time, especially the regulars! Cheers!
0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

I just got that from the OPs question (it was a little awkwardly framed).

Thanks for that additional info. Then it seems possible the OP will get a Late Fee on their next bill but there's an unofficial day or two you can pay late and still not get the fee?
0 Kudos
Top Contributors