Searching...
Highlighted

Why can't you receive a Tax Invoice for Pre-Paid Epic Data Recharge?

Geead

Hi All,

I've recently noticed that Optus doesn't send Tax Invoices for the Pre-Paid Epic Data plan, firstly does anyone know if there is a way to retrieve this and secondly, if not, is this even legal?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Why can't you receive a Tax Invoice for Pre-Paid Epic Data Recharge?

SamSam

I don't believe it's illegal to not send one but they legally have to be able to provide one if you request it, which sort of answers your first question. I don't know the process exactly but I'd start by asking them on chat - http://yesopt.us/chat2us

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own

Geead

I had a chat to live chat and apparently there is no current way that they can generate tax invoices for Pre-paid transactions (essentially there is no process at the moment...), however it is a current issue which Upper Management is working on (I was told this from live chat).

This is definetely concerning from a legal standpoint though, as while I understand it is perfectly legal to not intially send a tax invoice, they legally need to be sending them if it is requested by customers (which is what I've done, and apparently many others).

Geead

Bumping this post, as I still don't have a way to receive a tax invoice for Pre-Paid payments on request.... Any Optus representatives able to provide any more details?

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
16 Kudos
4 Kudos
4 Kudos
4 Kudos
3 Kudos