Searching...
Highlighted

Who generates Optus' bills

MattyPy2

May seem like an obvious question, however....

I received a (paper) bill a week ago that was significantly overstated (by ~$150).  When I contacted Optus Support to enquire, I was told that the bill was not "generated in their system" yet and it can take up to 48 hours.  Nevermind that it had obviously been at least 48 hours because it had been posted and arrived in the meantime...

I enquired again 2 days later and this time was told it can take up to 4-5 days for the bills to be generated in their system!  Eventually they changed their story to say that their system was down, hence the bill could not be accessed.  They also promised (after I complained) that they would call me as soon as the bill was available - still no call.

So, who generates Optus' bills?  And what customer would be happy to have a company with direct debit authority to their bank account sending out bills for random amounts with no details, which they themselves claim no knowledge of?

One confused ex-customer.

Re: Who generates Optus' bills

petergdownload

It does sound strange. Optus generate the bill. Sending you a paper (or electronic) copy is just what happens after that. 

Once you have a bill Optus also have the same information (and more). I'd say it was just a one off bad customer service person, maybe you got unlucky twice. Maybe their computer was down (or they were'nt in the billing department and so didn't actually have access).

Anyway, suggest you try recontact them again now.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Dan_C

Hi @MattyPy2, it sounds like you've received some rather confusing advice there.

I can assure that we do generate your invoices. We enter the relevant plan codes in our back end servicing/order management systems. That includes your recurring monthly access fee as well any other relevant discounts that are deducted from the end total. The billing system we use takes this data and generates your invoice. You'll notice that your monthly access fee is charged in advance and any usage (whether it's included as a plan benefit or not) is charged in arrears. Again usage is fed from another through your main billing system.

You're assigned a bill cycle, this is the day that billing for that particular month ceases. The bill itself is generated 2-3 business days after your billing cycle and is sent via post or email (depending on your chosen delivery method). We can always see any unbilled usage charges before the bill is generated. Therefore we should be able to get an idea of where the additional charge has come from.

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

MattyPy2

Thanks Dan,

That is how I thought it would work and I agree that Optus should be able to provide the information to satisfy this simple routine billing query.  Unfortunately I have been informed now by 4 separate Customer "Service" Respresentatives that the information is not available in Optus system and they cannot help me.

When I tried again to get this simple information yesterday I was told that when I ported my number off the Optus network all of my account information was instantly removed from the system, even though I have an outstanding invoice.  Seriously... I have the chat transcript to prove it.  Just when I though the excuses could not get any more ridiculous.....

So what is the formal complaint process with Optus?  I figure I will need to follow that before I refer it to the TIO.

petergdownload

Your best option is to write letter

This initiates an official complaints process in Optus and who knows, you may find the issue finally gets resolved.

If they haven't sorted it in 10 days or so then you can forward the complaint to the TIO.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Toomey

Hey @MattyPy2, moderators of this forum can process a complaint for you. Please feel free to message me with your enquiry, account number, full name and DOB. Someone will check it out and get back to you asap.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

MattyPy2

Thanks Toomey - I have sent you the details by private message.

I would appreciate any assistance you can provide with this matter.

MattyPy2

Well, still no response on this from Optus.  Despite providing the details to a moderator and again trying Optus support by phone.

Looks like it will become a formal complaint.  Obviously a routine billing enquiry is just too difficult for Optus.

Dan_C

Hey @MattyPy2

I'm sorry we haven't replied back with an update. We haven't had as much presence on Yes Crowd over the past week. There's been a lot going on in the business and the focus had temporarily shifted to our core roles. I'll chat with Toomey once his back in the office this afternoon. I'll confirm if he's received an update for this one. I'll flick through a response as soon as I have something for you. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

MattyPy2

As usual, lots of "sorry" and "asap" from Optus but still absolutely zero action or information.  Absolutely disgraceful!

This matter is now the subject of a formal complaint.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
16 Kudos
7 Kudos
6 Kudos
6 Kudos
4 Kudos