cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor Emmalyhope
New Contributor

What happens the month you pay in advance?

Hi, 

Just wondering when you end/change your contract, what happens to the month that you have to pay in advance? When ending the contract, does it come off the bill or is it lost money? Same is recontracting, does it carry over or do you have to pay a new month in advance and never hear from the original money? 

Thanks Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: What happens the month you pay in advance?

Its like paying rent (first and last month up front)

You only ever end up paying the prorated amount for the time you are actually a customer. So if your plan is $40 a month and you tell Optus you want to leave after 12 months then you'll end up paying $480. This might mean a cheque being sent out if you decide to leave or you might just run out your credit before leaving.

More usually most people just run into a month to month contract (you're still paying a month in advance but again you get it back when you finally go)

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor Chicco76
New Contributor

I have received my last bill and apparently there is no sign of those 40$ I paid in advance at the beginning of the contract.

What is the usual reference for that credit? Is there a code or an explanation the customer should refer to?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Moderator Shauna

Hey @Chicco76 - can you please PM us with your account details, full name and DOB? Let's take a look at your bill. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors