Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Usage

So I got a message saying I exceeded my data usage and would be charged an extra $10, yet my app says I’ve only used 97% not all of it?? Someone please help

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Blog Author

Re: Usage

Hey @Amy2324, the My Optus application can take between 24 - 48 hours to reflect how much data has actually been used on your service. The SMS usage alerts we send out are much closer to real time. If for example you use a big burst of data in the one session then you may receive the final alert advising that you've exceeded your allowance.

It's always a good idea to use your handsets inbuilt data analytics tool. Depending on the make and model of the phone, you might be able to set up data notifications via your handset settings. The good news is that we are working extremely hard to reduce the delay; you should notice a change within the coming months.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos