cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
New Contributor ahil
New Contributor

Unnecessary Extra Charges

According to my mobile Plan I have 300 mins international allowance on top of that i have added 150 mins international for 5$. SO that means I have 450 mins of international call allowance.

But every single month I am getting charged after 300 mins. 

For example for last months bill I have used 380 mins and I have been charged around 80$ for every call after 300 mins where as Optus should only charge me if I cross a total of 450 mins. Everytime I have to chat with Optus to resolve this. This is getting tedious and sometimes the agent won't even agree.

How can I escalate this?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Unnecessary Extra Charges

I don't believe you can add International Minutes to plans that already have included international minutes.

CAN I HAVE MY PLAN PLUS/SIM-ONLY INTERNATIONAL MINUTE INCLUSIONS AND ALSO ADD AN INTERNATIONAL MINUT...

Currently if you have one of our new My Plan Plus/SIM-Only plans with international minutes included, you can't add an International Minute Pack. If you have an $45 My Plan Plus or a $30 My Plan Plus 12mth SIM-Only - which don't include international minutes as part of the plan - you can add an International Minute Pack.

You should get the rep to remove the $5 fee (which appears to only buy 50 minutes btw) from your plan.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Moderator Shauna

Hi @ahil - Peter is correct. My understanding is you're unable to increase the international call bolt on unless you change your plan, so the $5 international call back wouldn't work on your plan. Can you please confirm your mobile number, full name and DOB via PM? Happy to take a look. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@Shauna

Sorta begs the question how Optus came to be charging them for a service they couldn't use? Shades of the 100Mbps plans that could only do 25Mbps max?

A full refund of the unusable $5 per month is obviously required, but I'd also suggest that it is not unreasonable if a customer purchases a service and is billed for that service that they should expect that service. i.e. The amounts over $300 to date should also be credited IMO.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Moderator Shauna

I agree with you there, @petergdownload. Generally if a bolt-on is added to a plan that isn't compatible, out systems won't allow it to be added. So i'm assuming something is a little off here.

With regards to credits, I don't want to agree to applying any adjustments at this stage as I haven't been able to look at the bill and determine what has gone on here, however if there is an error, we'd certainly be happy to adjust. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Top Contributors