Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Uni Student Discount

Hey guys!

Im in the position to upgrade my phone as my contract of 2 years has run its course and I was looking at plans a few days ago and they had the option to be rewarded a student discount. Today, I have checked out the new deals available and ordered a new iPhone XS. Although I managed to get the whole way through the order process without the option of the student discount. I have ordered the phone but only to realise I missed my opportunity to attain this discount. I was wondering if that particular deal does not offer a discount or perhaps I missed the prompt completely. If so I would greatly appreciate the chance to use such discount for my upcoming phone plan. Any help would be awesome!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Uni Student Discount

All the student stuff goes via https://offer.optus.com.au/student-hub

You simply needed to obtain a promo code, then add it to the order. Check out the link above on how to do this, you may need to cancel your order and submit a new one with the student discount.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi @Toddnos, we can always go in and apply the discount post-sale.

Once you've received the handset and you're up and running - try our Live Chat team.

You'll need to provide them with the Student Promo code via the URL @Jeneral__Pain's linked.

PersonalMobileGeneral & Billing 

If you run into any issues, you can always reach us here. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Just a heads up, we've recently launched two new student discounts.

Optus Student Offer | 10% off monthly plan fees for 12 months

---------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos