cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Waterworker
New Contributor

Unauthorised charges

What are these video buzzy charges I'm getting on my mobile phone bill. I have not subscribed to anything 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
RetiredModerator Gen_R
RetiredModerator

Re: Unauthorised charges

Hey there - generally speaking, it sounds like Premium SMS charges.

Would recommend that you SMS back STOP to the last SMS you've received. Please chat here if you'd like the charges blocked going forward. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
New Contributor

As I have not subscribed to anything or use premium SMS then why is my phone being charged for this service?

Sounds more like a scam that Optus is involved with. If these charges are not removed from my account and the charges that I have already paid for not returned the I'll contact both the police and the communications odbusmen.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator Meg
RetiredModerator

Hey Waterworker, tthe subscription can be applied in a number of ways including via in App and in browser links. You can see info on these subscription services via the government  website as well. If you do need help challenge the charges and ensuring your content spend is stopped at $0.00 to prevent charges in future just chat us  http://yesopt.us/chat2us

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
New Contributor

Hi Meg,

Changing theses settings solves one problem but does not address the fact that this is still a scam. I repeat, I have not given my phone number to any app or subscription so the only place they can get it is from Optus. This problem only started happening when I changed my phones to Optus.

Observing comments on this and other forums this is not a one off problem.

Optus has a lot to answer to and as such I am going to report this to the police and the telecommunications odbusmen.

One angry Water Worker.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Auditor
New Contributor

Great job Water Worker. I am 100% with you as I am experinencing the same problem. I am not paying their bill until the charges are removed.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator PhilC
RetiredModerator

Hi @Auditor you can chat with our live team here → http://yesopt.us/chat2us to have your premium SMS spend limit set to $0 and any charges applied, disputed. If you have any issues please feel free to PM the full name, number and date of birth attached to your services and we'd be happy to assist. I would advise against not paying the bill as the refund will not be applied to your second or third bill, not paying may result in late fees being applied.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor daze62
New Contributor

How about having the default setting at $0 to start with? You'll avoid a lot of customer complaints that way.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors