cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Unauthorised Subscriptions

Hi, I have been receiving some strange SMS about some subscriptions that I did not authorised and realised that I have multiple charges on those unauthorised subsriptions with MIA Sphere Live. I have opted out from the subscriptions immediately and changed my content and premium sms spend limit to zero. However, given that I have never requested these subscriptions and I don't even know where the service provider got my number, I would like to dispute these charges and have them removed my next bill. Thanks.

Appreciate if this can be dealt with ASAP, otherwise I'm more than happy to bring this matter to the Ombudsman. 

Thanks,

Candace

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Unauthorised Subscriptions

Hi @Optus,

I realise you're blocking these soon, but it dawns on me that 98% of scam premium SMS complaints comes from MIA SPHERE LIVE. 

Mia Sphere Live. Fool Optus once shame on you. Fool Optus 180, 433 times, we still shame on you. Has Optus ever actually checked what the Mia Sphere Live 'subscription' is? I've responded to 100's of complaints on this 'product' but not one poster has ever said anything more than the words 'Mia Sphere Live' and 'SMS' and 'Subscription'. What is this 'subscription'? No one ever says they are sent the 'word of the day' or 'joke of the day' or 'link of the day'. Does Mia Sphere Live actually do anything other than send an SMS billing you for a service that is non existent?

@candaceym,

Do a search on the forum. The procedure for a recredit (and blocking further bills) is quite straight forward. 

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Top Contributors