Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
New Contributor Emma2627
New Contributor

Unauthorised Jamster Subscription

I was recently sent my latest phone bill and noticed that there was an additional $15 charged on top of my usual plan. I noticed that I had been subscribed to Jamster without my permission for 3 amounts of $5 each. I tried calling Optus, but no one has picked up or the call hasn't gone through, only to try accessing the online chat which hasn't worked either. I called Jamster to cancel the subscription which I never agreed in the first place and find it unfair to have to go to so much trouble for a service that I never asked for. Would really appreciate it if this charge could be disputed and for the issue to be resolved, as well as find out why services such as Jamster are able to charge loyal Optus customers without ever confirming if we would like to subscribe in the first place!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Unauthorised Jamster Subscription

Hey @Emma2627, I've copied the following form an almost identical thread that I'd commented on in the past.

We do understand the concern and changes are being made in response to customer feedback. I'd suggest checking out the following threads. 

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Blog/Changes-to-Third-Party-Content-Charges-for-Optus-Postpaid-and/...

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Blog/Changes-to-Third-Party-Content-Charges-for-Home-Wireless/ba-p/...

For the moment, we'd suggest jumping onto live chat → www.optus.com.au/livechat/pmobiYou'd need to ask the consultant to action the following for you.

• Ask that they set your Premium SMS spend limit to $0.00. This prevents any third party provider from charging your Optus account.
  • Ask that they raise a dispute with MIA Sphere Live. We're looking at a contact time-frame of 2-3 working days. Once the refund has been approved, it'll be credited back into your Optus account by the time your next invoice is due to come through.

FYI, Live chat are experiencing a higher volume of enquires then normal. You might find that it's taking longer than usual to connect to an agent. I you've been unable to get through, please let me know what error message/ issue you’ve encountered when you’re accessing Live Chat? Also, what device and browser are you accessing Live Chat from? I'm also happy to action the above for you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors