Searching...

Third party billing

ThomasB

Received this message weekly and eventually got bill for 'content services' $49.95: FreeMsg: Cooliyobi subscription costs $9.99/wk for unlimited access https://goo.gl/ZPHLgR Stop?SMS STOP to 19900019 Help?1300132243 Cellfie BV.

Have no idea what it is. Thought it was spam. Never gave them my phone number or credit card details or name yet I am getting billed. Went to optus shop and got told I could block premium content. Find out Telstra last year blocked this billing 3rd party content but Optus still does it. Optus have told me I have to hope someone from Cooliyobi call me and I can beg for a refund.

Re: Third party billing

Paddylee

Not sure how you received this as Optus put a stop to subsciption based premium charges ~4 months ago. 

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!

Dan_C

I've sent you a private message @ThomasB

You're welcome to chat with us there. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

petergdownload

@Paddylee

The messages can still be sent. The question is if it appears on the bill.

Peter Gillespie

ShaunRowan

Hi ThomasB,

Same is happening to me. Cooliobi.com charged my account several times without my authorisation. I tried to make a complaint to Optus about this but I keep getting the run around. In fact, one of their Optus customer care people hung up on me when I asked to speak with his manager today! I have cancelled my direct debit and will scrutinise all future bills before paying. Or I'll be forced to change providers.

Optus - your complaints process is TERRIBLE and you are contributing to these 3rd party scams by allowing them to steal money from people's accounts. Shame on you.

Shaun Rowan.

Dan_C

@ShaunRowan, I've sent you private message. You're welcome to chat with us there. 

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

ShaunRowan

Finished 'chatting' with Optus people today. Extremely disappointed with the treatment I got after many years of loyalty. Optus employees dont even know their own complaints policy. 

Dan_C

What sort of resolution were you offered @ShaunRowan?

If you'd like us to take a look, please let us know. 

Highlighted

[ Edited ]
petergdownload

@Dan_C,

I have to wonder what is the official Optus directive on this matter to all customer service staff? Customer Service staff operate within strict boundaries of what they can and should do in various common scenarios. Optus has itself blocked these charges months ago. The ACCC has fined Telstra millions for subjecting their customers to these charges unilaterally. Telstra are contacting and repaying any customer that made an official complaint on this matter (that wasn't properly resolved.)

At this stage these charges simply should not be appearing on any Optus customer's bill. If they do appear, any contact with customer staff should (without any prevarication) result in an immeadiate re-crediting of the amounts and of course a double check that the customer's Premium SMS limit is zero $. 

I love that mods here are working overtime to try put this right but surely it is not official (internal) Optus policy that these charges are not acceptable?

@ShaunRowan I'd heartily recommend contacting Dan on a PM as you'll be much more likely to get a satisfactory (dare I say legal?) resolution to your issues. 

Peter Gillespie

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
16 Kudos
7 Kudos
6 Kudos
6 Kudos
4 Kudos