Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
New Contributor
New Contributor

Tap gamez scam

Hi guys, 

It has now been two text messages that i have received from these guys called tap gamez, one on sat 08/07/17 and one today sat 15/07/17

Here is the text 

FreeMsg: Your subscription to Tap Gamez costs $9.99/wk charged to your mobile account. Opt-out send STOP to 19789203 HELP:1300663201

I never play games on my phone and never downloaded anything from these guys. When i look at my bill through the optus app i am getting charged for whatever service these guys provide which i never registered for. 

If you want to send STOP to the number provided then a message pops up saying that you have to pay to send that message which is ridiculous. I tried to call their help number with no success. Also tried to get in touch with optus with no success.

Can an optus representative get in touch and figure out what this is about, i read a similar post on that topic and you guys clearly have a problem on hand that needs fixing. My bill is due shortly and i will not be paying for something i never registered to.

Looking forward to hearing from a representative.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Tap gamez scam

We know. About 2 people a day come here, complaining that they are getting mysterious bills via their premium SMS.

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2418905

The staff here, will fix you up, because you might register a complaint with the TIO.

https://www.tio.com.au/making-a-complaint

You may also write to your local member, or start a petition.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi @Gbox, thanks for reaching out. We suggest speaking with our live chat team →  http://yesopt.us/chat2us. What we'll do is set your premium SMS spend control limit to $0.00. In doing so, we'll avoid any further content charges from being generated on your account. We also have the ability to raise a dispute with the content provider on your behalf.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Happened to me also. 3 weeks so 30 dollars on something i know nothing about or have no interest in. Disgraceful

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks for your answer, id like indeed for uprua to set my  premium SMS spend control limit to $0.00 and also raise a dispute with the content provider on my behalf. I just reveived a 3rd email today from this scam.... what will happen with my bill though, i wanna dispute these extra charges.

Please let me know

Regards 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

We can definitely help out, @Gbox! You can organise this with our Billing crew HERE 🙂

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey @Timboland, get that this would be pretty frustrating 😞 You can chat with us via the hyperlink I've provided, we'd be happy to take a look at what's going on there. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

You can't imagine the hell I lived with this whole thing, so I feel your pain! It took me almost 2 months in total to get refunded by Tap Gamez and to have the charge striken from my Optus bill. 

I called Tap Gamez numerous times and in the end left a voicemail demanding they show me my signature/sign up details or I will call the police and the ACCC to report them as it was theft! Low and behold, they processed the refund without so much as a single protest. Absolute crooks!!!

Again I agree with you, Optus were just as big of a hurdle. I strongly suggest you use the chat option and save all your chats as evidence. Refuse to pay the charge and say you would like to dispute it. Once you have confirmed the refund being processed by Tap Gamez, stand your ground and tell Optus you won't be paying the charge as it's being refund and evetually your account with them will balance. They'll proceed to tell you that you still need to pay it while you wait for the refund as your next bill will get discounted. I wasn't having any of that, I told them from the get go, I'm not paying for theft.

After a disconnection and several threats to go to the ombudsman, they eventually conceeded that the refund from Tap Gamez does in fact zero out the charge.... It was like dealing with Telstra all those years ago, and I did go to the ombudsman for their atrocious behaviour. The communication between Optus advisors is so horrifically poor that they borderline called me a liar when I explained the correspondance that had transpired in the past.

Amaysim was the best provider I've had so far and I will most likely go back to them once my contract is up. Seriously, they should have offered me a sweetener for the extreme hassle and stress I was put through.

Goodluck mate.

0 Kudos