Searching...

Subscribe scams

Jo_69

I was just tricked twice into clicking a subsribe button on facebook. It was a post about top 20 mom tattoos. I was clicking through the pictures and didn't notice that the next button changed to a subscribe button. I got two messages saying that my account has been charged $6.99, I returned stop straight away. I would hope that Optus does not allow this to be charged to customers accounts!!! It is underhanded and incredibly unethical!The number that the messages came from is 19789229 Womooda for a games subscription. Regards, Jo-Ann Tonkin.

Re: Subscribe scams

PhilC

Hi @Jo_69 thanks for reaching out to us and I am sorry to hear about the issues with your subscription. If you'd like to send us a PM with the full name, number and date of birth attached to your account we'd be happy to assist. We can set your spend limit at $0 to ensure something like this doesn't happen again in the future and dispute any charges that may have already been applied. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted

JojoSAN

Hello, 

I just had the same problem. Could you please help me? I tried to log into the chat but it was impossible to get someone.

Thanks,

Dan_C

Hey guys, thanks for reaching out. I've copied a response I'd posted from a similar thread. Hopefully it's of some use to you. 

We do understand the concern and changes are being made in response to customer feedback. I'd suggest checking out the following threads. 

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Blog/Changes-to-Third-Party-Content-Charges-for-Optus-Postpaid-and/...

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Blog/Changes-to-Third-Party-Content-Charges-for-Home-Wireless/ba-p/...

For the moment, we'd suggest jumping onto live chat → www.optus.com.au/livechat/pmobiYou'd need to ask the consultant to action the following for you.

• Ask that they set your Premium SMS spend limit to $0.00. This prevents any third party provider from charging your Optus account.
  • Ask that they raise a dispute with MIA Sphere Live. We're looking at a contact time-frame of 2-3 working days. Once the refund has been approved, it'll be credited back into your Optus account by the time your next invoice is due to come through.

If you need us to follow up on your refund, message us back here and we'll gladly help out

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
13 Kudos
6 Kudos
6 Kudos
6 Kudos
4 Kudos